Would this bracelet fit the Orient Ray I? - Page 2

Thread: Would this bracelet fit the Orient Ray I?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Would this bracelet fit the Orient Ray I?

I've got a Mako USA 2 and a Ray 1. I'll try to fit the USA bracelet to my ray and report back. I know for a fact the gen 1 mako usa bracelet will not fit the gen 1 rays/makos so I'm not hopeful. The case is basically the same, but they moved the lug holes slightly.

Just as suspected, the Mako USA 2 bracelet (and therefore strapcode's) doesn't fit right on the original Ray/ Mako. The springbars on the originals are farther away from the case so the end links don't sit right against the case.

Name:  W6PuA47.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  2.72 MB

Quote Originally Posted by cerialphreak View Post
    I've got a Mako USA 2 and a Ray 1. I'll try to fit the USA bracelet to my ray and report back. I know for a fact the gen 1 mako usa bracelet will not fit the gen 1 rays/makos so I'm not hopeful. The case is basically the same, but they moved the lug holes slightly.

^Revisiting this. I think this is not unexpected. The USA and USA 2 both have drilled lugs and the holes are in a slightly different places than the V1 Mako/Ray and I believe the V2 as well.

Unfortunately I think the original question remains; whether Mako/Ray II bracelets will fit on V1 Mako/Ray watches.
    Autos: Hamilton Jazzmaster Day/Date * Christopher Ward Trident 600 Vintage * Modded Seiko SKX007 * Orient Blue Ray v1
    Digital: G-Shock G2900-1A
    Quartz: VSA Summit XLT / Original Grain Sixty40 on C&B leather
    Previously owned: Squale 1545 Militaire / Hamilton Khaki Field 38mm / Stock SKX007 / Orient Pepsi Mako, Black Ray, and Defender / Casio Edifice / Seiko SNZG15 / Maratac Mid-Pilot

j0n

Quote Originally Posted by cerialphreak View Post
    Just as suspected, the Mako USA 2 bracelet (and therefore strapcode's) doesn't fit right on the original Ray/ Mako. The springbars on the originals are farther away from the case so the end links don't sit right against the case.
    Thanks for trying this and posting your results!

Question: which spring bars did you use? The reason I ask is because Orient ships thinner bars with bracelets, and thicker bars with rubber straps on their makos/rays. Not sure which ones they ship with the USA, but using one of the thinner bars may be causing the gap you are getting?? Just a thought...

EDIT: That gap looks pretty huge...not sure a slightly thicker spring bar could fix that!
    Last edited by j0n; 16 Hours Ago at 23:06.

Not a problem! I used the USA springbars, which are thicker than the original Ray's, and yeah its a pretty major gap.

Quote Originally Posted by j0n View Post
    Thanks for trying this and posting your results!

Question: which spring bars did you use? The reason I ask is because Orient ships thinner bars with bracelets, and thicker bars with rubber straps on their makos/rays. Not sure which ones they ship with the USA, but using one of the thinner bars may be causing the gap you are getting?? Just a thought...

EDIT: That gap looks pretty huge...not sure a slightly thicker spring bar could fix that!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information