Watch winder recommendations - Entry level - Page 3
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Watch winder recommendations - Entry level

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Watch winder recommendations - Entry level

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa 73 View Post
    I just bought a JQueen quad from Amazon. We'll see how it holds up. Seems pretty nice now.
    I am thinking of getting a JQueen too. They have very good reviews. How's the quality? My concern is that they look the same as those cheaper ones on ebay. So I'm not sure if they worth the extra $$.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinng321 View Post
    I am thinking of getting a JQueen too. They have very good reviews. How's the quality? My concern is that they look the same as those cheaper ones on ebay. So I'm not sure if they worth the extra $$.
    The difference, if any, will be in the motor quality. That should translate into long service and quiet operation. However, as I said, this can be hit and miss. Lately I am just using a cheap 4+6 quad winder and it does the job well, and is very quiet.

I have gone through a lot of winders over the past 10 plus years. Any economy model I have bought was very noisy and quit working after time. I ended up purchasing a Rotolution winder 4 head. Each head is independently programmed using a laptop and a printer cable to program TPD and rotation direction.
    The winder cost about $1400.00USD and it was worth it. It is over 8 years old and is still running silent.

The bad news is Rotolution is out of busyness. If I were to purchase another one it would be an Orbita. I am willing to spend the money on a good winder because it is winding thousands of dollars worth of watches. I always like the Orbita Tourbillon 3.

Now that I am retired I have the time to manually wind the timepieces once a month and rotate through the ones I wear. When I was working I like the ease of grabbing a different timepiece out of the winder and putting it on and not having to adjust it.
    I do not believe there is a good entry level winder that is going to be worth your hard earned money.
    The Orbita website has a great data base that list just about every timepiece, what movement is in it and what the recommended turns per day and the rotation.
    Here is a link to there data base. It does not show any winders for sale so I think it is okay to post the link. It is for information only.
    Orbita - DatabaseBr-Bz

Quote Originally Posted by fransiscus View Post
    Hi Guys,

I'm looking for an entry level watch winder (not too expensive). I'm looking to find one that can accomodate 3 watches. I was looking at EBay

Luxury Solid Watch Winder Automatic Compartment 4 Watch Glass Display Case black | eBay

But I'm not sure whether the quality of the winder is important or not. Well first of all I want to make sure the winder is not more expensive than the watch itself :p

Thank you
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/XTELARY-Luxury...257Ciid%253A14

This is the brand I got and is pretty solid. It's quiet and finished really well unlike the other super cheap ones. I got the bigger one but the quality is good. Note that these probably aren't accurate in terms of turns per day. They'll go around 650 tpd based off my calcs you you have to be sure to rest them from time to time and definitely use the watches. With 650 it will underwind most likely so you have to wear them but better to underwind than over wind in my opinion.

I use an app called WatchTracker from iOS as well and track the time of the watches I wear. It makes it so that I know if I'm over winding a watch. I get to know their daily +\- in time. Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    tecbarrera likes this.

I bought the 4 watch version of that Xtelary. Extremely quiet and seems to run well. Just have to learn more about which settings to use for daily use, as I have all 4 watch slots in rotation.

I've had a Heiden Quad Watch Winder in Black Leather from Amazon for the last few years. It has been great.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa 73 View Post
    I just bought a JQueen quad from Amazon. We'll see how it holds up. Seems pretty nice now.
    I just received a JQUEEN double from Amazon today. I agree, is seems very nice now, and has good ratings on Amazon.

While January to April is hardly long term, I'm curious to know if you are still happy with it. Thanks, in advance!

I've also looked on amazon and have seen the JQueen ones as well as the Versa brand. Does anyone have experience with a Versa watch winder?

Cliff

I agree with the sentiment that you get what you pay for. I have bought a number of cheap winders over the years. They seem to last 6-12 months and then have problems. In most cases getting someone to honor a warranty can be difficult.

I have Timetutelary winder for double watch, but they have also bigger models. I have been satisfied for that. Motors are quiet and it has been working very reliable. I bought mine from timemachine.fi/en

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information