Ik wil jullie hierbij even op de hoogte brengen van een wedstrijd die wordt georganiseerd op het Ball Forum, en mede mogelijk wordt gemaakt door WUS sponsor Topper Jewelers. Aangezien jullie allen Engels begrijpen heb ik me zo vrij gevoeld om de tekst maar letterlijk te kopieren
Ik weet dat er een heleboel fotografisch talent rondloopt op Kaliber 2010, succes heren!
Contest A. Photograph a Ball watch
1. Photograph a Ball watch: Using any form of camera, take a photograph of a Ball watch between February 15th and March 1st. Do not use any graphics program for anything besides slight lighting adjustment and cropping. We have decided to go with a “Best of Show format”, where the judges will pick what they believe to be the best overall photograph. They have been instructed to consider creativity, technical skill, and photos that capture popular modern and historical themes.
* First prize will be one of the new Ball Fireman racers of the winner’s choice.
Topper Jewelers » Ball » Fireman Racer
* Other prizes to be announced.
Contest B. Theme Photography
1. Using any form of camera, take a photograph that captures Ball’s slogan “accuracy under adverse conditions” that does not have a Ball Watch in the photo between February 15th and March 1st. Graphics programs are only allowed for slight lighting adjustment and cropping.. We have decided to go with a “Best of Show” format, where the judges will pick what they believe to be the best overall photograph considering the following criteria: creativity, technical skill, and expression of the Ball Watch Companies central theme “Accuracy Under adverse conditions”. .
* First prize will be two of the 2011 Version Topper 1940 Winders by Wolf Designs.
Topper Jewelers. Authorized Dealers of Tag Heuer, Omega, Michele, Corum and many more
* Other prizes to be announced.
Our three judges are
1. Watchuseek Owner and Administrator Ernie Romers
2. Our Ballathon Winner Fuzzyb
3. Ball U.S.A Creative Director Clarissa Dixon
Both contests will be scored by our judges picking and ranking what they consider to be the top five photographs. These choices will earn the contestant 5, 4, 3, 2, & 1 points respectively. If there is a tie, the three judges will have a run off between equal scores. If there is some strange voting scenario where this system doesn't lead to a winner, we will pick another employee of Ball U.S.A. to be a deciding judge. In addition to the grand prizes Our goal is that anyone who receives a point will win a small prize.
Why two contests? The main reason stems from the feedback in the discussions of this contest. Ball owners and forum regulars really wanted to have a contest specifically for them that highlighted their watches, and those who do not yet have a Ball watch yet but are starting to appreciate the brand and our forum wanted to participate as well.. In addition, these contests are very hard to judge in any format, but if we made it one combined contest that had pitted subject oriented photography against theme driven work is would be absolutely brutal to judge.
How to submit: starting on February 15th, there will be a sticky thread at the top of this board for each contest. You must be 18 years or older, and a registered WUS user. Excluded from the contest are Topper employees, employees of other jewelery stores, forum moderators, contest judges, employees of Ball Watch company and their families for all the previously stated sources. Post your pictures on the thread. If you have any technical questions on how to submit photos or join the WUS forum, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org and he we will assist you.
All submissions may be used by the forum and the forum sponsor without any further release and are subject to the rules concerning content on the forum.
Rob & Michael
De link naar de submission pagina is nu actief!! Ball Forum Contest IV: The Photography Contest(s) Post your Submissions Here