How to use FromJapan to buy things from Yahoo Japan
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How to use FromJapan to buy things from Yahoo Japan

-->
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How to use FromJapan to buy things from Yahoo Japan

As promised. It is long and there are some screen captures to show details but I hope you find it helpful.

I find it easiest to have at least 4 Internet Explorer Windows open at once

Currency Converter - http://www.xe.com/ucc/
    FromJapan - http://www.fromjapan.co.jp/
    Yahoo Japan - http://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/
    Google Language Tools - http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en

You need to understand most of the sellers on Yahoo Japan will not ship out of Japan. If they did they would sell there things on EBay. The sellers probably do not read English well enough or be bothered to answerer your emails as they will not ship out of Japan anyway. If you could read and write Japanese you would already know how to use the Yahoo Japan site from reading the instructions. You do not need to read the instructions on Yahoo Japan. FromJapan will deal with Yahoo Japan. You can buy computers, watches, and a lot of other things too. Once you figure out that you want to buy some thing you need to set up an account at FromJapan.

How to find an item
    I use Google Language Tools as the translation tool.

I copy the Yahoo Japan address from the address bar and past it into the address bar on the Google Language Tools page. Then I use the pull down menu to choose Japanese to English BETA to translate to English. The translator is good but something’s are a little unusual. If it said “the battery is being cut off” that means the battery is dead. Most large amount it is not, means you not the high bidder. Once you have a page translated you can drill down to accessory and clock, Brand watch, casio, G-Shocks, and the page will stay translated for you.

You will also find what kind you want too ie Frogman, Mr G. If you open a link in a new window it will not be translated and you will have to copy and past the address in the Google Language Tools as in the first part of the search.

Knowing the price
    I use www.XE.com as a currency converter.

I type in the amount and convert from Japanese Yen to US Dollars. You can do this for YEN to any other currency so you will get a base idea what you will be paying. There are fees that you will have to pay to FromJapan you must remember to include them for the final price. You must figure out charge one and charge two to get the final price.

Use the formulas on the FromJapan to figure the exact amount. If you plan to get 3 or 4 things within a few days you can combine shipping to save a lot of money on the total price. Watches are not that expencive to ship but other things are.

Set up account with From Japan.
    Go to FromJapan widow and click on the language you want in the middle English, Japanese, Taiwanese.

You will need to read ALL the policies on there web site. You can figure what the additional charges will be based on what the auction item sells for from the charges page. IT IS IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND THE CHARGES ONCE YOU WIN SOMETHING YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR IT. You will give your credit card number, email address, address, name, and other info. From Japan will not charge your card until you win something you have bid on.

How to set up the SNIPER BID
    Once you set up an account with FromJapan then you go back to Yahoo Japan window and find the item you want to bid on. Get the Auction ID # from the auction page. You will need the Auction ID #. It is a letter and eight numbers. Then you go to the FromJapan window and click on Sniper bid. Remember to plan for the additional charges if you win with the maximum you put in. Use that to calculate the final price. If you win for that price you will know the maximum amount. If you win for less it will cost less. You put the item number in and the maximum bid you are willing to pay. I past the Auction ID # from Yahoo Japan window to the FromJapan window page where you put in the sniper bid info. This makes sure it is right. When you click next the FromJapan will show a confirmation page. Check and make sure it is right. Once you place a sniper bid it can not be canceled. You can increase the maximum amount you will bid too but you can not retract or cancel the bid.

The way I bid and bidding the way I understand it.
    I use the sniper bid system exclusively since it bids 5 minutes before the auction ends. I have tried biding normally through FromJapan but I do not understand the auctions on Yahoo Japan well enough to win this way. It seems that to win you must be the high bidder for the last 5 minutes of the auctions. I have been the high bidder in the last minute and the auction adds another 10 minutes giving others the chance to out bid you. One time FromJapan was the high bidder, on my behalf, for the last 8 minutes and then the bidder before me that bid less won the item. The seller canceled FromJapans bid. I do not know why or how they can do that but they did. When FromJapan bids on an item it bids as FromJapan. You will not see your name or anything like that on the Yahoo Japan auction page. Chances are you will be the only one bidding on a particular item as there are millions of items on Yahoo Japan and only a limited number of people using FromJapan. The way the bidding works is like Ebay when you enter a bid it will only bid the amount needed to get you to the highest bid. If someone bids higher than what is the current high bid it will up your bid to out bid them up to your maximum bid amount.

Once you won an item
    When you win an item you must go to FromJapan to tell them when to ship it to you. You check the status on FromJapan it may say “we are waiting the arrival of your item from your counterpart.” This means they do not have it yet. When it changes to “we are preparing your item for shipment” means they have it and are getting ready to send it to you. This is when they will want to mail it to you. You can tell them to hold for other items if you are biding on other items and want to combine shipping to save money. You can tell them to ship it now if you want it ASAP or you do not plan to buy other things. If you are telling them to hold for other items you must check the status regularly until each of the items you want to have shipped together say “we are preparing your item for shipment.” When that happens that means they have all of the items and when you tell them to ship them you must tell them to ship each one then they will automatically ship them all together. Once you tell them to ship it you also must also tell them how to ship it. I choose EMS as it has a tracking number and can be tracked online. EMS packages have made it from Japan to Oklahoma in as little as 3 day or as many as 10. After you have done the last step and told them to mail it to you all you have to do wait for it arrive. Since at this time I have no items waiting shipping I can not make a screen capture of this section. If you get this far you should have no trouble figuring out the rest from the disruption above.
    NeedAG likes this.
    Stan The Man

Careful what you wish for. YOU MAY GET IT!!!

Re: How to use FromJapan to buy things from Yahoo Japan

Quote Originally Posted by stan2323 View Post
    [SIZE=3]

I copy the Yahoo Japan address from the address bar and past it into the address bar on the Google Language Tools page. Then I use the pull down menu to choose Japanese to English BETA to translate to English. The translator is good but something’s are a little unusual. If it said “the battery is being cut off” that means the battery is dead. Most large amount it is not, means you not the high bidder. Once you have a page translated you can drill down to accessory and clock, Brand watch, casio, G-Shocks, and the page will stay translated for you.
    I am not sure if the part in red is correct.

I can use google translater to get the yahoo.jp page translated, but as soon as I click on "auctions", the following page that gets loaded is not translated.

The workaround is to translate the front page of yahoo.jp, find the link for "auctions", then go to the untranslated page of yahoo.jp, click on the link for "auctions"(you can guess where the link is from the translated page), and then post the address of the page that loads back into google translator.

And then everything henceforth will stay translated.

Thanks for this fantastic thread, I found it most helpful! :gold

Question Re: How to use FromJapan to buy things from Yahoo Japan

sir, ive tried to register with Fromjapan twice now but i never received my confirmation email. is there a suffix i should add to the end of my email address if im in the u.s.? for example ive noticed that the Japaneses websites have the suffix(.co.jp) as opposed to the standard (.com) so im not sure if people in japan use something like that to get on u.s. sites. sorry if this is confusing but any help will be greatly appreciated:thanks

Cool Re: How to use FromJapan to buy things from Yahoo Japan

Quote Originally Posted by cascadien View Post
    sir, ive tried to register with Fromjapan twice now but i never received my confirmation email. is there a suffix i should add to the end of my email address if im in the u.s.? for example ive noticed that the Japaneses websites have the suffix(.co.jp) as opposed to the standard (.com) so im not sure if people in japan use something like that to get on u.s. sites. sorry if this is confusing but any help will be greatly appreciated:thanks

You should use the suffix that your e-mail provider gave you for instance if it is cascadien@hotmail.com then thats the adress that should always be used. Also make sure to check your junk folder to see if it ended up in there.

If you are sure you registered the correct e-mail address and that the notice about customer registration message did not arrive then mail them at info@fromjapan.co.jp and tell them that the registration mail did not arrive.

But even without the registration mail you should be able to use their service. They do not confirm your identity trough mail(atleast I dont think so, if they do then they have changed something since I registered) They confirm you by your credit card instead. Remember the ID you should use when logging in is the e-mail address you registered and not your name that shows up after you logged in. The password is ofcourse the password you registered.
    Last edited by Joakim Agren; March 6th, 2008 at 10:34.

Thumbs Up Re: How to use FromJapan to buy things from Yahoo Japan

it was in my junk file! thanx for the help.

can you use from japan only with a credit card or can you make payment via western union?

Here is one japanese website that can help you find the cheapest item on the japanese market, kakaku.com. Its in japanese BTW, but you should easily find what corresponds for the search box, and the prices are in yen.
    "Its not about whether the glass is half full nor half empty, its about what's inside the glass!"

well explained, thank you.

does any one know if japan-auction-agency.com is safe and legit?

5* thread!
    Real men don't need instructions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information