Omega Seamaster GMT 2535.80 Real or Fake
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Omega Seamaster GMT 2535.80 Real or Fake

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Omega Seamaster GMT 2535.80 Real or Fake

Hello,
    Please see attached photos of two different watches. I have some concerns about the first one. Notice the font of the five on the calendar window. Any and all thoughts are appreciated. Price is low, his feedback is not great.
    ThanksName:  download.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  102.8 KBName:  download (1).jpg
Views: 126
Size:  113.3 KB

R1P

Re: Omega Seamaster GMT 2535.80 Real or Fake

I would not touch it!!! It’s bad...

first has all the red flags of a fake
    a
    NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. Hidden Content FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL. THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.Hidden Content

"Failure is not an option" - Gene Kranz
    "Owning a vintage watch is great, understanding where it sits in Horology is magnificent"
    and
    "By Teaching Others, We Teach Ourselves"
    Adam

Low price, not good seller's feedback and that date window is more than enough to stay away. If you still want to test him ask for a picture of the movement. The watch should have sapphire crystal case back with exposed movement.

Bezel pip looks wrong too, but the date window font is the dead giveaway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If youre risking an online purchase you need good feedback even if the photos are good, which these are not. The feedback alone should ring alarm bells. If you do pursue it ask for photos of the watch with the time set to a specific time etc as the scammer, sorry, seller, will just steal photos of a genuine watch off google. What is the story behind the sale? Thats another giveaway that its a scam. They are often listed as "a present from my in laws" or a graduation gift from an aunt that they see every 20 years etc. You have 2 photos of 2 different watches? Is that what the seller sent you? He is selling 2 smps? If so he sounds like a trader and they rarely have 2 of the same models (pre owned) in stock, for obvious reasons. In summary, I cant find anything good about this scenario. Go to a local jeweller and have a word with them.

Faker than a stripper's ummm "physique"

Thanks everyone for their insights. The watch in the first photo is on ebay right now. The second photo is of a know real Omega I found online. It is at a little over a thousand dollars with plenty of bidders. I have emailed the seller twice in regards to a photo of the case back with no reply. If I do not here from him by this evening I will inform ebay that they are once again (promoting fraud). This is just my opinion but they do not seem to take this very seriously. Honest folks are bidding on this and something needs to happen to fix it. Once again regards to everyone.
    ( Genuine OMEGA Seamaster 2535.80 GMT Professional Bond Automatic Co-Axial Watch). This was copied and pasted right off of ebay

Oh and one other thing. The box he shows is fake as all get out. Even Archyluxury did a youtube video on the fake Omega boxes available on ebay for thieves. They are not very convincing and look cheap as hell. Best

Quote Originally Posted by cdub831 View Post
    Thanks everyone for their insights. The watch in the first photo is on ebay right now. The second photo is of a know real Omega I found online. It is at a little over a thousand dollars with plenty of bidders. I have emailed the seller twice in regards to a photo of the case back with no reply. If I do not here from him by this evening I will inform ebay that they are once again (promoting fraud). This is just my opinion but they do not seem to take this very seriously. Honest folks are bidding on this and something needs to happen to fix it. Once again regards to everyone.
    ( Genuine OMEGA Seamaster 2535.80 GMT Professional Bond Automatic Co-Axial Watch). This was copied and pasted right off of ebay
    Please post me a LINK!!
    thanks
    NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. Hidden Content FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL. THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.Hidden Content

"Failure is not an option" - Gene Kranz
    "Owning a vintage watch is great, understanding where it sits in Horology is magnificent"
    and
    "By Teaching Others, We Teach Ourselves"
    Adam

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information