PodKit WatchTM + ClipClokTM are an Apple® iPod nano® compatible pocketwatch style case and analog timepiece module, recently launched on thepopular crowdfunding platform.
SHANGHAI, China – The PodKit WatchTM + ClipClokTM are an elegant pocket .......... case for Apple’s iPod nano®, and an analog timepiece module that’s compatiblewith PodKit WatchTM and all other nano watch accessories. They’re the latest productdesigns launching on Kickstarter, a popular crowdfunding website.
The products’ designer, Simon Kwan, says while existing nano watch kits are popular(he owns several), there are opportunities to make them easier to use with improvedversatility and appeal. PodKit WatchTM key features:
- iPod nano® can be easily installed or removed without tools (unlike somepopular nano watch bands)
- PodKit WatchTM looks and feels more like jewelry than a gadget accessory,with a variety of available motifs and colors
- Front cover fully protects nano’s touchscreen display
- Cover release button automatically wakes nano’s display from sleep mode
- Headphone jack protected by magnetic cover
- It can be chained to clothing and bags
- Or worn as a pendant; which is more comfortable than wristwatch kits when
using nano’s music player with headphones
ClipClokTM is an analog timepiece module that can replace iPod nano® as a watch onrainy days (nano isn’t waterproof) or when nano is re-charging. ClipClokTM key features:
- Fully compatible with PodKit WatchTM and all other iPod nano® watch kits
- Hardened glass crystal
- Functional rear clip
- Waterproof to 3 ATM (30 meters / 98 ft)
- Quality Japanese quartz movement with date calendar and 5-year battery
With this list of features, it’s safe to say that Kwan has carefully studied existing nanowatch accessories to develop what he feels is a more comprehensive and elegant solution.
He especially focused on designing products he hopes are appealing for both menand women; who Kwan believes have been under appreciated by current nano watchkit designs, “My girlfriend loves her nano, but when she tried wearing one of my nanowristwatch kits, it looked awkwardly large on her and wouldn’t properly fit. Those bigwatch bands don’t appeal to her feminine style.”
The success of other designers on Kickstarter inspired his decision to crowdfund hisproject. Kwan has only until September 2 for his project to reach its Funding Goal.Both PodKit WatchTM and ClipClokTM are priced well below retail for Kickstarter pre-orders.
Will PodKit WatchTM + ClipClokTM become the next Kickstarter success story? It alldepends on the project’s supporters, known as Backers. To become a Backer or learnmore about this project, please click here.
Simon Kwan is an American-Taiwanese product designer, originally from Quincy,Massachusetts, now based in Shanghai. Over his 15 year career as, first, a mechanical engineer, and now as an industrial designer, he has developed commerciallysuccessful products both technical; such as audio systems and go-karts, andbeautiful; such as luxury travel amenities, fashion bags, and home décor products.
Related link: PodKit Watch