Persol or Maui Jim what is your preference - Page 7
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Persol or Maui Jim what is your preference

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: Persol or Maui Jim what is your preference

I have Persol, post Luxotica but at least they were made in Italy and I love them. Costa 580G polarized wraps for fishing offshore and inshore. And, I must confess, Polo Ralph Lauren's which I'm uncomfortable wearing. Please don't flame me. I was desperate, I had an offshore tuna trip coming up and needed polarized wraps because I cracked my regulars at the gym and the Polo was the only thing on the shelf at a place open on the Sunday before wheels up. Felt like a walking billboard with those neon yellow logos on the temples.
    Name:  IMG_0251.JPG
Views: 128
Size:  81.3 KB
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.

Two months ago I was just into Maui Jim, just wanted to try a bunch of other brands and I really like Persol and Oliver peoples now.
    Current collection: Rolex Explorer I| Rolex Submariner|Seiko SARB017 | Seiko SARB035 | Seiko SKX009| Stowa Antea KS

About 9 years ago my wife purchased a pair of Maui Jim Whaler sunglasses for me. They were around $400 at the time. Flexon frames, glass lenses: I loved 'em. A couple years later, the frame broke at the hinge; a weld had let go. So, I packed up my glasses and sent them to Maui Jim for repair. I would have paid for the repair, because I dropped them when they broke. But, the fine folks at Maui Jim told me my glasses could not be repaired. They said they could offer me a 50% discount on a new pair of glasses, but would not return my old glasses. I was a bit miffed, as I loved my glasses and really don't like to waste things. Had they offered to return them and extend the discount, I might have taken them up on their offer, but they were adamant about not returning my frames if I took the discount. So I instructed them to return my broken glasses to me, which they did. After I paid them $20 for return shipping. When my glasses were returned to me, they sat in a drawer for a while. Then I sent them to a place in Ohio that laser-welds Flexon frames. I was charged $40 (including shipping) and had my glasses back, properly repaired, in a week. Still wear them, still love them. As a result, I recommend trying Persol for your glasses.

I have a couple of models from both. To make it simple- Persol for dress and Maui Jim for sport.

Persol for me.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread Information