Sunglasses recommendation. - Page 35
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Sunglasses recommendation.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Re: Sunglasses recommendation.

There are many physical and online stores available, from where you can buy branded sunglasses online like Amazon, Oakley, Citysunglass etc.

Build your own at Zenni.com

I wore Oakleys for a long time. Mostly Flak and Half Jackets. Recently I explored other brands. I bought some Maui Jims, some Costa and some Smiths. The MJ are nice. I have a pair with grey lenses and a pair with their bronze. The Maholo (spelling) and the Stingray. They are towards the upper end of prices for these 3 brands and to me the lenses are on par with the Costa. The Costa are price efficient and have good lenses (I have the blue lenses). I have to Motu and South Seas models. To me the stand out is the Smiths. I have the Redmond with tan lenses and the clarity is amazing. They cost about the same as the MJ (just a tad less) but have the better lenses.
    Last edited by City74; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:50.
    My collection changes so often I got tired of redoing my signature

I've owned several Maui sunglasses. These are the best all around IMHO. I use Costa with 580 lenses for fishing only. I've owned Ray Ban, Oakley, Prada, Gucci, and others, but none come close to Maui quality, clarity, comfort, and customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by jametoo View Post
    I've owned several Maui sunglasses. These are the best all around IMHO. I use Costa with 580 lenses for fishing only. I've owned Ray Ban, Oakley, Prada, Gucci, and others, but none come close to Maui quality, clarity, comfort, and customer service.
    Agree! Love my Maui's, but when I'm on the lake fishing it's with my Costa Black Fin with the 580 glass.
    Citizen Promaster Professional BN0151-09L
    Gavox ​Avidiver PVD
    Seiko
    MM300 SBDX001, Tuna SBBN017, Shogun SBDC007, Sumo SBDC003, SKX173, SKX175​, SKX779, & SKX781

Just happened to drop in this thread a few days ago for some unknown reason, and after some reading of your wonderful posts it seems that maui jim's are one of the favorites plus the fact of the great servicing which lead me to make the decision to buy a pair and hope they will last my days, ( due to only needing to wear them no more than two months out of the year ) so it's the Maui Jim whaler MJ312-23's I will be wearing very shortly

I would recommend Maui Jims every day of the week. Everything everybody has said in here about how great they are is true. I haven't owned a pair, but both my parents do and some of my friends. I specifically remember one friend that had a five year old pair and scratched the lens before sending it in to Maui Jim to be repaired. Wha did they do? They just gave him a brand new pair. Talk about customer service.

I personally own a pair of Ray Ban Aviators with bright blue lenses because they fit my face far better than any of the other Maui Jims I tried on. If they had fit better, I would have had no problem spending the extra $$$ for the Maui Jims.

Keep in mind when you are purchasing sunglasses to purchase a glass lens unlike most plastic lenses in Oakleys because plastic lenses scratch much easier. I have a pair of Oakley Jupiters for when I want to look sporty or have them wrap around my eyes more. I also have M Frames that I use when jet skiing, boating, hunting, etc. because of their very tight grip and extensive coverage. The Ray Ban Aviators are perfect around town glasses but I couldn't recommend them for anything active due to their loose fit.
    Breitling Chronomat Blackbird Limited Edition
    Breitling Superocean Heritage 46 Chronograph
    Breitling Superocean Heritage 46 Chronograph Rose Gold
    Hublot Classic Fusion Titanium 45mm
    Omega Planet Ocean Chronograph 45.5mm
    Tag Heuer Carrera Chronograph Calibre 1887

While it may not be the most popular line of thinking, I have come to the point where I abhor the mega-brand Luxottica. They manufacture the vast majority of major labels sunglasses, and are the major sellers as well. Kind of a double monopoly which has drastically changed the pricing structure over the past decade.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/anaswan.../#4ae24bd26b66

Costa Del Sol's have incredible lenses if you are on the water, Maui Jim's as well. I personally buy Costco sunglasses fairly often now, as I'm hard on my sunglasses and they are great for the price.

That said, I do wear Ray Ban (Luxottica) Aviators when I fly every day, so I guess I'm a pretty big hypocrite!

Ray Ban for sure.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Thread Information