Aquadive 1000

Thread: Aquadive 1000

Aquadive 1000

Hi all, first post here.
    I never liked wearing a watch but a year ago I got a Fitbit (wife wanted us to get them) and I have been wearing that everyday. So this weekend I started thinking that if I could wear the Fitbit I could wear a real watch and it wouldn't bother me. So now to where this is going.
    My dad was a professional scuba diver. I grew up in Chicago and we owned two scuba diving schools there. When I was ten years old my dad was heading to Canada to do a job involving scuba diving (another bizarre and sad story) and the small chartered Cessna plane crashed, on September 11th, 1971, again bizarre and the four passengers aboard all died.
    So, my memory is sketchy from back then as I am now 55 and have probably blocked some memories as well. Right around the time he died I bought, was given, don't remember, a dive watch from one of our stores. I wore it for a few years, the band broke and I stuck it in a drawer where it has been ever since.
    I have now decided I want to start wearing it again and this weekend I brought it into a jewelry shop. After I brought it in I started researching a tad and I found this forum, who knew!
    I'm now anxious to get it back to research more about it. The jewelry shop was having trouble finding a band that would look nice on it, suggestions here would be appreciated. I have no idea what the value of this watch is other than sentimental value. It is a tad beat up. I don't have a good photo of it, wish I would have taken one before bringing it in. The jeweler did send me this photo. So any advice or knowledge you could share about this watch would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!
    Phil

Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Aquadive 1000

This is a fantastic story, and while I have no information for you. I will try and get some input from some others who are very knowledgeable. One of my watch colleagues in another forum suggested that this is a very nice watch and typical for watches of that era. He used the term Sealub, to describe it. I don't think on of those stretchy bands would be good for it (and they are uncomfortable. I would suggest some kind of rubber strap, isofrane, or something like it. Not sure of the size of your watch or lug width.... About as good as I can do!!!
    Last edited by Rich-L; December 7th, 2016 at 05:39.

So sorry Rich, I had looked for replies but hadn't seen any so I stopped looking and just now checked back in.
    So wow, long story short but the watch was running fast and not really useable. So I brought it in to a local jewelery store, who sent it off to a watch store and they told me it would be $400 to overhaul it. I really didn't want to go that route so now it's sitting on my shelf again.
    Oh well, I guess I'll try and look into what to do with it. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to email me at mobileschoneybiz@gmail.com
    Thanks,
    Phil

Re: Aquadive 1000

Vintage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information