Aquadive goes Deep, real Deep!
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Aquadive goes Deep, real Deep!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Aquadive & Dive Watch Forum Moderator arutlosjr11's Avatar

Some cool news about the Bathyscaphe 300. More pics in the coming days...

AQUADIVE - The Dive Machine
    Upon the relaunch of the iconic AQUADIVE brand in the Fall of 2011,
    Aquadive's main goals was to offer genuine European made watches that represent
    the best value and quality in the industry, and to offer great customer
    satisfaction in the process. So we obviously chose to incorporate some modern
    and innovative German technology into our new line of watches, but on the same
    token also respect and honor the legacy of the original 70s AQUADIVE watches by
    remaining true to their handmade Swiss craftsmanship.

Since AQUADIVE's relaunch in 2011, we have reached record heights with
    the brand. And now, we've reached record lows. When our engineers designed the
    new Bathyscaphe 300, they designed it to withstand its rated depth of
    3000m/9900ft, and even deeper. Last year in Germany, the Bathyscaphe 300 was
    pressure tested in a lab at a simulated depth of 5000m/16400ft, and it easily
    passed without the use of any gas or liquid filling. So this year we decided to
    take it a step further and do what very few watch companies are even capable of,
    which is actually testing the watch on the ocean floor in the Gulf of Mexico for
    10 hours at depths where only a select few legendary and famous dive watches
    have ever been.

Since June of this year, National Geographic has been sponsoring the
    211-foot Exploration Vessel NAUTILUS as it undergoes a six month scientific and
    archeological exploration of the Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean Sea. The
    exploration is led by world renowned scientist and explorer Dr. Robert Ballard
    of TITANIC fame. The Principal Investigator on this historic exploration is
    Fritz Hanselmann. Fritz also happens to be a Chief Underwater Archeologist and
    Dive Training Officer at Texas State University, as well as a proud AQUADIVE
    owner and supporter who has traveled and dived all over the world. Last year
    while wearing his trusty AQUADIVE Bathyscaphe 300, Fritz led an exploration in
    the Chagres River in Panama and discovered ancient shipwrecks believed to have
    been from the lost fleet of Captain Henry Morgan.

And on July 24th, 2013 while aboard the state of the art Exploration
    Vessel NAUTILUS off the coast of Texas, Fritz bravely and confidently strapped
    his Bathyscaphe 300 to the tethered ROV submersible Hercules before it was cast
    off into the unexplored depths. Fritz's Bathyscaphe 300 was taken down to a max
    depth of 1390m/4580ft for a 15 hour dive during a mapping expedition of the
    deepest shipwreck excavation ever accomplished in North America. And as
    expected, his AQUADIVE Bathyscaphe 300 performed flawlessly during that lengthy
    time span and made Fritz a very proud owner. As of this writing, Fritz's trusty
    Bathyscaphe 300 is currently back on his wrist while the NAUTILUS sails the Gulf
    of Mexico and Caribbean Sea during the next four months in search of even more
    undiscovered ancient shipwrecks.
    Obviously the fact that AQUADIVE designed a dive a watch to be able to
    reach such great depths, goes far beyond the practical needs of recreational
    divers. But the high end engineering with the least tolerances possible in the
    industry and finely executed craftsmanship needed to produce such a capable dive
    watch, is so exceptional that it makes it a true value and a mechanical wonder
    to behold. And it also offers our customers precision, durability, and longevity
    built into each and every AQUADIVE watch.
    The results of our new achievement and commitment to value and quality
    clearly show in the craftsmanship of our fine Swiss watches, and also in the
    praise from our worldwide customers and reviewers. You can read more about Fritz
    Hanselmann and the NAUTILUS at the links below. And for more information on our
    dive watches, please visit our website.

http://www.nautiluslive.org/people/frederick-hanselmann

http://www.nautiluslive.org/mission/2013

Sent from my iPhone
    Last edited by Aquadive mod2; July 28th, 2013 at 08:58.
    "My GREATEST FEAR is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them."

Ariel S. -

Re: Aquadive goes Deep, real Deep!

Very, very cool! That's some depth.... Deeper than the average hot tub for sure! ;)

Chris
    Last edited by ChrisinOhio; July 28th, 2013 at 16:50.
    serdal23 likes this.

Thanks for the info/links Ariel:)

There is no doubt in my mind Aquadive make an outstanding product with excellent CS Until one straps the mighty BS300 on their wrist, they'll never understand the build/fit & finish. Truly an iconic diver IMHO.

Cheers
    Shannon
    My Seiko's

SBDB001 SD600M, SBDX001 Marine Master, SBDX011 Emperor Tuna, SBBN011 Darth Tuna, S23611J1 Golden Tuna, H558-5009 Arnie, 6105-8110 , 6309-7049, SRP777, SRPA21 PADI

Aquadive: BS300 #39/500
    Aquadive: BS300 DLC #76/500

Casio: ProTrek 2500-A1

WantHidden Content

Seiko SBDX019, Sinn- T1, Oris- Big Crown Pro Pilot GMT

1390m? Peace of cake for BS300.
    Nice to see a dive watch deep in the sea.

Thanks Ariel.

Vancouver Island / California (depending on the citizenship I use)

This is the coolest thing I've read on this forum - especially considering how long I've been a fan of Dr. Ballard and his work in the field of Underwater exploration and archaeology.

I've been toying with the idea of a new watch - Speedmasters, Aquaracers, Tudors... it appears that the Aqua Dive Dark Horse Candidate has suddenly taken a commanding lead.
    Daily Rotation:
    Tudor Black Bay; DOXA 1000T Project Aware (75/92); Seiko SKX013; Garmin Fenix 3; Tissot PRS200

Check this out AD Fans -

http://www.aquadive.com/aquadive-the-dive-machine.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whRvT...layer_embedded

Fritz Hanselmann just sent us this video he shot on the deck of the E/V NAUTILUS. The entire 15 hour dive and the BS300 itself, were filmed and monitored only during the live feed on the NAUTILUS website.
    Last edited by arutlosjr11; August 2nd, 2013 at 19:20.
    skin diver likes this.
    "My GREATEST FEAR is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them."

Ariel S. -

More pics of the BS300 going deep while strapped to the deep submersible ROV HERCULES.

http://www.nautiluslive.org/album/20...lus-view-below

Ariel S-
    Sent from my iPhone
    Last edited by arutlosjr11; August 7th, 2013 at 16:05.
    Spring-Diver likes this.

Ariel S. -

Good stuff Ariel.

Fritz and the guys doing these expeditions gotta love their jobs. There's undoubtedly a lot of down time steaming to and from locations, collecting/logging boring data etc, but the discovery side of their work must be exhilarating.

Cool that an Aquadive hitched a ride.

MJM

Never wear your watch in a hot tub. Hot water is not good for the seals of any watch; no matter what depth it's rated to.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisinOhio View Post
    Very, very cool! That's some depth.... Deeper than the average hot tub for sure! ;)

Chris
    Without time there is nothing......

Quote Originally Posted by MJM View Post
    Never wear your watch in a hot tub. Hot water is not good for the seals of any watch; no matter what depth it's rated to.
    Another internet myth that lives for years and comes back over and over.

Water temperature in a hot tube is just a few degrees above body temperature. Seals can withstand temperatures above boiling water.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information