AQUADIVE Model 77 New Old Stock limited - Page 4
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: AQUADIVE Model 77 New Old Stock limited

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Sponsor / Moderator

Re: AQUADIVE Model 77 New Old Stock limited

Quote Originally Posted by sdelcegno View Post
    is the crystal the same type that would have been used in that time period? i kinda feel its a let down i love the Watch though
    Hi, this is a New Old Stock timepiece, the crystal is in fact from the same period, but has been reworked and coated.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquadive mod2 View Post
    Hi, this is a New Old Stock timepiece, the crystal is in fact from the same period, but has been reworked and coated.
    That's makes me feel better thanks.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Sponsor / Moderator

I ordered this watch? i thought they were using Sapphire why mineral crystal at this price point?
    "at this price point", this argument is only valid if you are comparing Aquadive to Chinese made watches, that cost a fraction to manufacture (around 20-30%). The Aquadive dial alone costs more than a whole Far East Made case

The reason for using the mineral crystal is that the crystals are reworked and coated 5mm NOS crystals that were used in this model back in the Seventies.

I have no issues if that was what was used back in the seventies. But I'm sure everyone loves the look of sapphire. Aquadive makes great watches but there are cheaper watches that are not Chinese made that include sapphire. I am not complaining I love your watches.

Sponsor / Moderator

I have no issues if that was what was used back in the seventies. But I'm sure everyone loves the look of sapphire. Aquadive makes great watches but there are cheaper watches that are not Chinese made that include sapphire. I am not complaining I love your watches.

NO! not a 5mm Swiss Made Sapphire, definitely not !

Note: Mineral and sapphire do not look or feel different, only sapphire doesnt scratch as mineral

Yuuuuup! (ordered the ETA version) Will be my first AD
    Machines fighting for wrist time:
    PAM 312 ~ PAM 380 ~ Rolex Explorer 39 mm ~ Rolex DSSD ~ Rolex MLGAUSS ~ Tudor Heritage Chrono ~ Tudor Black Bay ~ Breitling Skyracer ~ Breitling Navitimer ~ Breitling Avenger Seawolf ~ Tag Heuer Grand Carrera ~ Tag Heuer F1 ~ Tag Heuer Link ~ IWC 377 ~ IWC AT ~ Ω Speedmaster Apollo XI 30th Annv Ltd Ed~ Ω PO Black Orange ~ Ω SMP GM BOND ~ Ω AT8500 ~ ML Pontos Grand Guichet GMT ~ Eterna Soleure Moonphase ~ DOXA 5000T ~ MK II Kingston ~ Casio G-Shock Mudman

!-->>Incoming<<--!
    Aquadive 77

Hidden Content "What time is it? Where?" Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Aquadive mod2 View Post
    NO! not a 5mm Swiss Made Sapphire, definitely not !

Note: Mineral and sapphire do not look or feel different, only sapphire doesnt scratch as mineral
    I of course do not know the industry like you or where all watch makers get their parts from. Don't know if its because of ar coatings but sapphire looks different to me. It could be in my head of course. I just prefer sapphire for its strength as I have scratched mineral before. But it's true to the period so I prefer it for that aspect.

RR welcome to the AD gang, beware it can get addictive, this will be my third AD and I did not discover them long ago
    Stu

Sponsor / Moderator

[QUOTE=sdelcegno;5760455]I of course do not know the industry like you or where all watch makers get their parts from. Don't know if its because of ar coatings but sapphire looks different to me. It could be in my head of course. I just prefer sapphire for its strength as I have scratched mineral before. But it's true to the period so I prefer it for that aspect.

Sent from my SGH-T889

Please dont get me wrong, I am not saying that mineral is better, but it is how this model was constructed.

The model 77 is no homage, replica, or whatsoever, it is an authentic 70s Swiss Made timepiece priced at the level of a Far East homage until the end of January 2013.
    Last edited by Aquadive mod2; December 17th, 2012 at 09:27.

I agree that's why I jumped on it and am.looking forward to it. I'm excited to own my first aquadive.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information