She's arrived. Bronze BS 100 in the house and I'm speechless! - Page 2
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: She's arrived. Bronze BS 100 in the house and I'm speechless!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Aquadive forum moderator W. C. Bartlett's Avatar

Re: She's arrived. Bronze BS 100 in the house and I'm speechless!

Tanks for sharing....

Just a quick update as I have now had my Bronze BS100 for over a week now.
    Firstly, everytime I either strap it to my wrist or pick it up, I am still blown away at the casework finishing. The brushed and polished surfaces really give it a jewel like quality. It won't be like this forever though as over time, when the patina starts evolving, it will take on a whole new persona and I can't wait.
    The lume has also really impressed me. It really glows and is easily readable all through the night. The applied DLC markers on the dial also glint in the sun due to their polished finish and make the dial a pleasure to look at.
    Bezel action is super smooth and precise and the insert is of a quality I have never seen. The yellow accents really pop.
    As for the strap, well you just can't go wrong with an ISOfrane, and the brown one that comes with this version is beautiful. The brown DLC coated buckle has almost a hint of red in it in some light and it matches the strap and dial perfectly. I don't think there could be a better strap to wear it on although I think I'm going to have a distressed leather strap made with a bronze buckle, just as another option.
    So far against the atomic clock, it is pretty much keeping dead on time. It loses a second over a few days if I do not keep it on my wrist, but if I wear it constantly it's as accurate as a mechanical movement could be.
    So as you have probably guessed, there is nothing negative I can say about this wonderful watch and it's only going to get better as I let it patina naturally over time.

Cheers

Jay.
    sierra 18 likes this.
    Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Ti Mad Cow.
    Benarus Sea Devil Yellow Nș 37/50.
    Benarus Remora I Orange Dart Dial.
    Crepas Tektite Nș 40/199

Quote Originally Posted by jaybob View Post
    Just a quick update as I have now had my Bronze BS100 for over a week now. Firstly, everytime I either strap it to my wrist or pick it up, I am still blown away at the casework finishing. The brushed and polished surfaces really give it a jewel like quality. It won't be like this forever though as over time, when the patina starts evolving, it will take on a whole new persona and I can't wait. The lume has also really impressed me. It really glows and is easily readable all through the night. The applied DLC markers on the dial also glint in the sun due to their polished finish and make the dial a pleasure to look at.

Bezel action is super smooth and precise and the insert is of a quality I have never seen. The yellow accents really pop. As for the strap, well you just can't go wrong with an ISOfrane, and the brown one that comes with this version is beautiful. The brown DLC coated buckle has almost a hint of red in it in some light and it matches the strap and dial perfectly. I don't think there could be a better strap to wear it on although I think I'm going to have a distressed leather strap made with a bronze buckle, just as another option.

So far against the atomic clock, it is pretty much keeping dead on time. It loses a second over a few days if I do not keep it on my wrist, but if I wear it constantly it's as accurate as a mechanical movement could be. So as you have probably guessed, there is nothing negative I can say about this wonderful watch and it's only going to get better as I let it patina naturally over time.

Cheers

Jay.
    Great observations!

Those in the know, know Aquadive
    For members who understand, no explanation is needed. For thread crappers who do not understand, no explanation is possible. Some people are like Slinkies...not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Congrats Jay, Is yours w bronze case back ? I suppose these bronze baby gonna sold out anytime !

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit e Froggy View Post
    Congrats Jay, Is yours w bronze case back ? I suppose these bronze baby gonna sold out anytime !
    Yes mate, mine has the bronze case back. All sold out now apparently.
    Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Ti Mad Cow.
    Benarus Sea Devil Yellow Nș 37/50.
    Benarus Remora I Orange Dart Dial.
    Crepas Tektite Nș 40/199

Congrats Jay, Looks spectacular! Best looking bronze out there IMO. I've got the BS 100N in the air at the moment. I'm excited to see it in the flesh. Thanks for sharing the pix/review. Real nice.......
    Last edited by mellonb1; June 9th, 2012 at 21:24.
    jaybob likes this.

Banned

Really beautiful watch!!

I've never been a bronze watch guy, but that's beautiful. If they made it in the 300 I'd be all over it!
    Panerai Luminor Marina - Bell & Ross BR01-94 - UTS Chrono Diver - H2o Kalmar2 8000m & Orca Dress/Torpedo GMT - Zenton V45 PVD
    Zixen Trimix GMT & DSR500 Chrono - Borealis Seafarer II

Nice one!

Any further updates on this piece, since you've had it for a few years now?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast