Further update 28th September, 2011.
I called Thomas again and found out:
1) The CNMark case size is 42mm and the movement decoration will be similar to this prototype. There is an option to change the rotor colour to blue rose gold and have an laser-etched logo.
2) The M308S case can be adapted for use without the lug screws.
3) Blued steel hands (heat-treated) would cost around USD8 per watch, but again there will be discrepancies in colouring. There will be no extra charge for painted/baked blue hands.
4) With regard to some red on the dial, a red 12 would be possible. However, I don't like it very much and I believe it has little relevance to our watch.
Last edited by hked; September 29th, 2011 at 03:23. Reason: USD8 is for heat-treated blue hands
wow we are really moving forward, i like it!
So i say a couple of thoughts of mine:
- I like the blue rotor! Recalls a little Ulysse Nardin, it's a nice touch
- for just 8 bucks more i'd really appreciate flamed blue hands, it's really as it should be
The first elysee design with the white face already looks very good
I feel we should use it as a base
Just need to change to blued numerals and batons
Chinese or normal numerals, to be decided
Numerals to be used, to be decided
I would suggest using chinese numerals for 12, 2, 4, 8, 10
For 12, the 十二 would be stacked vertically with 十 on top, and 二 below, in a smaller font to keep it balanced
Since the factory has said there would be discrepancies in having the hands flame blued, I would prefer painted blue then
Might have some quality issues if flame blued is used
I really, really, REALLY like the blue rotor as well\
Matching blued screws throughout the movement as well please
Maybe a hint of blue on the pushers, like the new Omega Seamaster Chrono
Although I am not sure if it might make it a little too sporty
Might need to change the crown.
Maybe somehow a hint of blue on the crown as well?
Last edited by blurrycloud; September 28th, 2011 at 11:26.
Are there any brushed cases? Most of the cases in this thread are polished. With brushed it'll look much more interesting.
For me I have to say that the Chinese numerals are a bit of a no-no. For me it would have to be Arabic numerals or just markers.
Something like this?
may i know what is the meaning of discrepancies in colouring???
I think blurrycloud nailed it. Keep it at 40mm and it's a winner.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)