WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

new model

3K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  Lew 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
See less See more
#2 ·
What is a Trachymeter? The watch is a bit different that I would have expected from Doxa but perhaps meant for the asian market rather than the western one?

#5 ·
47mm quartz. Looks like something straight out of a cheap fashion watch catalog. Too bad about the brand dilution.
I couldn't agree more--the negative impact on their brand equity could be significant--why take the risk? There are countless examples of marquee watch and clothing designers who have tried this business strategy and failed, only to be left with a tainted name. Many have never recovered.

The Doxa Sub is an iconic symbol in the diving world with such a rich history. It is a unique watch design with so many possible future variations combined with a very loyal customer base (of which I am a member). I wish them only the best, but admittedly I'm concerned.

#7 ·
Actually, the Asian/Eastern European line was well established long before the classic SUB's were reissued some 10 years ago, and in effect really made the reintroduction of our favorite classics possible.

The Doxa Sub line we are all used to seeing is just one slice of Doxa's worldwide line - lots of different watch styles in different markets. Not brand dilution, just worlds colliding.
Quite right, when I was working in Iraq several years ago, I got to know a group of guys from Indonesia. One or two were into watches, and one quite readily recognized the brand, but not the model I was wearing (wore my DOXA SUB 750T GMT Divingstar when off work). He was quite familiar with the DOXA models sold in his own home market, and was very curious about (and enamoured with) the reissue SUBs which were unknown to him. BTW, he instantly recognized that it was much higher end and more costly than those sold in his home market.

Different markets for different parts of the world. While it may seem odd to some of us, it has been being done (and working) for some time.

#6 ·
The Doxa Sub line we are all used to seeing is just one slice of Doxa's worldwide line - lots of different watch styles in different markets. Not brand dilution, just worlds colliding.

Reactions: pepcr1
#9 ·
Different markets for different parts of the world. While it may seem odd to some of us, it has been being done (and working) for some time.
Well said, Doug and T.

Most of the Doxa In Asia models are not my cup of tea but then again neither are the Divingstars or Searamblers. Now a Pro and Sharkhunter of every reissue made would suit me just fine. Different strokes...

RS

#12 ·
Not all parts of the world have the income, much less the disposable income to spend on an automatic swiss watch. Should those parts of the world be left out? Seiko is known for inexpensive reliable watches all over the world except for Japan where Grand Seiko has been on equal footing with Rolex for decades. Because Doxa sells different watches in different markets I for one do not feel differently about my watch. I am happpy for those people in different parts of the world can buy a timepiece they enjoy whether their choice is based on price or styling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.