He loves me, he loves me not: Christophe Claret Margot

Thread: He loves me, he loves me not: Christophe Claret Margot

Watchuseek Editor

He loves me, he loves me not: Christophe Claret Margot

Name:  christopheclaret_margot_or_rose_0.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  114.9 KB

Some watch manufactures have thrown their hands up in the air and declared ‘women just are not interested in complicated movements.’ The recent focus on women in the watch market saw several new models from high-end brands featuring movements with intricate complications, but at Baselworld 2014 certain brands have admitted that they have not always met with the dazzling success that they enjoy with men’s models.

However this could be not so much that women do not appreciate mechanical movements but that what is on offer so far has simply failed to capture women’s imaginations in the same way that they intrigue men. The ingenuity needs to be shown in different ways.

Name:  christopheclaret_margot_or_rose-2 (1).jpg
Views: 450
Size:  55.4 KB

Margot is Christophe Claret’s first ladies’ watch complication which cleverly introduces the twin elements of intrigue and romance. It features an ingenious mechanism that helps to ‘predict’ – or at least tries to – one of womankind’s most pressing questions: “Does he love me?” It’s based on the centuries old plucking of petals from a sunflower.

A simple press of the pusher at 2 o’clock brings the watch to life. With each press, a petal – sometimes a pair of petals, it is impossible to foresee – subtly disappears under the dial in a smooth action, perfectly depicting the delicate undressing of the flower. The eagerly-awaited answer appears at random in calligraphic letters (in French) on the dial at 4 o’clock: Un peu (a little) – beaucoup (a lot) – passionnément (passionately) – ŕ la folie (madly) – pas du tout(not at all)? At each press of the pusher, a distinct, crystalline chime resonates, aurally signalling the pace of the game.

The display back reveals the automatic winding rotor, a delicately carved, flower-shaped carousel of colours symbolising sentiments of love, with a central cabochon concealing the rotor’s ball bearings. Each one of the eight triangular precious stones denote a feeling – hope, passion, tenderness… Which sentiment will line up with the red-lacquered heart when the flower halts its waltz?

Christophe Claret's first complication watch specifically developed for women is also available in red gold. In this version, the white flower is delicately laid on a pink mother-of-pearl dial, on which point the red gold arrows of the blued steel hands.

Visit the Christophe Claret website
    Last edited by Michael Weare; April 16th, 2014 at 13:59.

Re: He loves me, he loves me not: Christophe Claret Margot

Very nice. My girlfriend would love it. What price tag are we talking about?

ha! i don't think anybody longs for the experience of sitting around wondering if they're being strung along by someone else. Do they? And I wouldn't want to give a woman something that randomly encourages her to doubt my intentions every day at 2:00 sharp.

cool mechanism though. But what is it with all the ugly computer typefaces on nice watches these days?

Pretty sure my wife would prefer the blackjack.
    Brad
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

Thread Information