Hi - new to the forum and would love some input on a "real" watch (vs fashion brand) that can be had for $1,000 (the more under the better!). Although I'm new to both the forum AND to the world of watches, I'd like to get a watch made from a watch company with history, and would prefer to avoid the Michael Kors/DKNY/etc side of things.
My wish list is fairly simple. As a stay-at-home-mom I'm looking for:
* sturdy, solid construction for everyday wear
* unique band (ceramic or ss bracelet band? the gold toned watches I've had in the past have not aged well - the 'gold' is all brushed off)
* clean, polished design but not too dressy OR busy
* oversized, but not too rugged
* brand integrity
* geeky tech element (eco-drive, automatic, skeletal back, etc)
I had my eye on the Citizens Eco-drive ceramic watch in white or black: CITIZENWATCH.com | Welcome to Citizen Watches Online This watch has more bling than I was looking for, lacks a sapphire crystal and so on, but ticks a few other boxes for me.
I would prefer to buy new (do not possess the confidence or knowledge to buy second-hand).
Thoughts on the Citizens Eco I linked to above or other brand/model suggestions? Thanks in advance.