Alpina, anyone? Then, please show it… - Page 10
Like Tree1084Likes

Thread: Alpina, anyone? Then, please show it…

Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Re: Alpina, anyone? Then, please show it…

I should have one of these headed my way. Alpina was not my first choice originally but I was blown away by the quality when I tried some on last week.

Name:  alpina-alpiner-sunray-navy-dial-stainless-steel-men_s-watch-al-525n4e6b.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  340.2 KB
    Shut your mouth and wear your *Alpinist.
    *"Your Alpinist" is metaphorical and in truth refers to your most versatile watch.

Drew

Quote Originally Posted by DPflaumer View Post
    I should have one of these headed my way. Alpina was not my first choice originally but I was blown away by the quality when I tried some on last week.

Name:  alpina-alpiner-sunray-navy-dial-stainless-steel-men_s-watch-al-525n4e6b.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  340.2 KB
    I have been eyeing that watch for quite some time. When you receive it, can you please post some wrist shots and a short review? There are literally no photos online of the blue dial...

PS: did you buy yours from joma? that was the one I was looking at and well..it seems to have disappeared -.-
    Last edited by Nateftw; December 18th, 2015 at 17:11.

I have an Alpiner on the way too! The grey dialed one with the rose gold indices. If I decide it's a keeper, I will want to obtain that bracelet at some point.
    DPflaumer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nateftw View Post
    I have been eyeing that watch for quite some time. When you receive it, can you please post some wrist shots and a short review? There are literally no photos online of the blue dial...

PS: did you buy yours from joma? that was the one I was looking at and well..it seems to have disappeared -.-
    Absolutely. I have a good bunch to compare it to so it should be a pretty solid review, very dependable.

I did buy from Joma, then panicked when it said it was sold out shortly thereafter. Mine appears to be in Mass. right now, so I should have it today or Monday (hopefully, USPS can be fun here at the best of times though).

The good news is that since the watch is still in production, I'm sure more will pop up.
    Shut your mouth and wear your *Alpinist.
    *"Your Alpinist" is metaphorical and in truth refers to your most versatile watch.

Drew

here is mine quality is superb
    Name:  20151221_145047.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  1,012.5 KB
    Copple likes this.

One of my favorite watches. Catch myself staring at the dial without even noticing the time. Would love the SS version also.

Last edited by 59yukon01; December 22nd, 2015 at 05:07.
    Alpina Startimer Pilot Big Date Pilot PVD Chronograph
    Gavox ​Avidiver PVD
    Mido Ocean Star Captain V Titanium
    Seiko
    SBBN017 Tuna, SBDC007 Shogun, SBDC033 ​Sumo, SKX173, SKX175​, SKX779, & SKX781

I received my Alpiner 4 last week and could not be happier. I think this brand is really under rated / underestimated especially in North America. My only quip with it would be the strap and the tightness / sharpness of the clasp which is quite tight to undo. After 5-6 wears, the crocodile band is already a little chewed up. Otherwise, everything else is A-1 and I am very happy!
    Name:  FullSizeRender-4.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  402.2 KB
    Name:  FullSizeRender-3.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  388.7 KB
    GreazyThumbs, ninzeo, Loco and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DPflaumer View Post
    Absolutely. I have a good bunch to compare it to so it should be a pretty solid review, very dependable.

I did buy from Joma, then panicked when it said it was sold out shortly thereafter. Mine appears to be in Mass. right now, so I should have it today or Monday (hopefully, USPS can be fun here at the best of times though).

The good news is that since the watch is still in production, I'm sure more will pop up.
    Ended up going with this watch. Quality is awesome. The Anthracite sunburst is beautiful. I was a bit worried about the size at first, but once I received it I found it very wearable on my small 6.5" wrist (flat wrist though). Wouldn't go any larger, but its the perfect size for me for a pilot watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Klz1c2liVvY
    Last edited by Nateftw; December 24th, 2015 at 06:58.

I just bought a Christmas present for myself - my very first Swiss watch - an Alpina Startimer Pilot Automatic "Sunstar" 44mm. My only other automatic watch is a Seiko 007, so this is completely different. After spending about 8 months with my Seiko (which I love), I knew I wanted the following in my next watch:

• Swiss Made
    • Automatic
    • 28,800 bph movement
    • Exhibition case back
    • Date window
    • At least 42mm case diameter
    • 22mm lug width (to share various natos, bands and bracelets with my other watches)
    • Center sweep seconds hand
    • Screw down crown

The Alpina Startimer Pilot Automatic 44mm meets all of these specs, at a fair price, and looks beautiful with its grey sunburst dial and modern sporty take on the pilot watch concept. So far, I am impressed and I'll definitely consider the Alpina brand again in the future.

Here is my Startimer while on a snowy Christmas Day walk near Denver, Colorado:

Loving my first Alpina, an Alpiner GMT!
    Already shopping for my second, a Startimer.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 446
Size:  818.0 KB
Views: 441
Size:  668.0 KB
Views: 443
Size:  641.2 KB
    ninzeo, Loco and nek like this.
    Keep right, except to pass!

Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information