Alpina, anyone? Then, please show it… - Page 13
Like Tree1082Likes

Thread: Alpina, anyone? Then, please show it…

Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Re: Alpina, anyone? Then, please show it…

I love this thing.

Name:  Xmryrd0.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  1.79 MB
    GreazyThumbs, ninzeo, Loco and 1 others like this.
    Shut your mouth and wear your *Alpinist.
    *"Your Alpinist" is metaphorical and in truth refers to your most versatile watch.

Drew

Quote Originally Posted by OregonJohnny View Post
    I just bought a Christmas present for myself - my very first Swiss watch - an Alpina Startimer Pilot Automatic "Sunstar" 44mm. My only other automatic watch is a Seiko 007, so this is completely different. After spending about 8 months with my Seiko (which I love), I knew I wanted the following in my next watch:

• Swiss Made
    • Automatic
    • 28,800 bph movement
    • Exhibition case back
    • Date window
    • At least 42mm case diameter
    • 22mm lug width (to share various natos, bands and bracelets with my other watches)
    • Center sweep seconds hand
    • Screw down crown

The Alpina Startimer Pilot Automatic 44mm meets all of these specs, at a fair price, and looks beautiful with its grey sunburst dial and modern sporty take on the pilot watch concept. So far, I am impressed and I'll definitely consider the Alpina brand again in the future.

Here is my Startimer while on a snowy Christmas Day walk near Denver, Colorado:
    I have an unfortunate update to my post about my new Alpina. The watch stopped working last week, and has been sent back to JomaShop for repair or replacement. I looked down at my wrist in the middle of the afternoon and noticed the seconds hand was not moving. I had been wearing the watch all day, and it had been working great for the 12 days that I had it. I took the watch off and gently swung it back and forth. The rotor swung around fine and the little balance wheel (is that the right description?) looked to be spinning a little. I also tried hand winding it. Nothing worked - I could not get the watch to start moving again no matter how much I swung the rotor around. I never dropped the watch or hit it on anything or got it near any moisture whatsoever. It just died. I'm really hoping Joma will take care of me and that the watch can be reliably repaired. But it makes me feel sick that my first expensive Swiss watch broke after 12 days of normal gentle wear, and my $175 Seiko SKX007 has worked perfectly for 9 months now without a single problem, and keeps pretty good time as well (about -6 seconds per day).

Has anyone else had a Sellita SW200-1 movement just stop working suddenly? Has anyone else sent an automatic watch to Joma for repair? If so, how did it go? I'm really nervous.

Name:  BHmAzZU.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  1.11 MB
    Shut your mouth and wear your *Alpinist.
    *"Your Alpinist" is metaphorical and in truth refers to your most versatile watch.

Drew

Quote Originally Posted by OregonJohnny View Post
    I have an unfortunate update to my post about my new Alpina. The watch stopped working last week, and has been sent back to JomaShop for repair or replacement. I looked down at my wrist in the middle of the afternoon and noticed the seconds hand was not moving. I had been wearing the watch all day, and it had been working great for the 12 days that I had it. I took the watch off and gently swung it back and forth. The rotor swung around fine and the little balance wheel (is that the right description?) looked to be spinning a little. I also tried hand winding it. Nothing worked - I could not get the watch to start moving again no matter how much I swung the rotor around. I never dropped the watch or hit it on anything or got it near any moisture whatsoever. It just died. I'm really hoping Joma will take care of me and that the watch can be reliably repaired. But it makes me feel sick that my first expensive Swiss watch broke after 12 days of normal gentle wear, and my $175 Seiko SKX007 has worked perfectly for 9 months now without a single problem, and keeps pretty good time as well (about -6 seconds per day).

Has anyone else had a Sellita SW200-1 movement just stop working suddenly? Has anyone else sent an automatic watch to Joma for repair? If so, how did it go? I'm really nervous.
    I'm sorry that happened to you. I'm not sure how well joma does for repair, but I have sent a watch to amazon/asurion and it took forever to get it back and the problem still isn't fixed. I sent it back and the watch has been gone for 9 weeks now and they are still "ordering parts." I've heard that most third party warranties don't work well but hopefully Joma will do the right thing. Please update us on what happens

Thanks DPflaumer for posting that photo, there are no other wrist shots of that watch on the net. It really looks great!

My first Alpina. Got it one week ago.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1453669594809.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  53.5 KB
    Jimmy B, Loco, Northlander and 1 others like this.

Liked it on the bracelet, but this canvas is soooo comfortable.

Jimmy B and M4rheeo like this.
    Alpina Startimer Pilot Big Date Pilot PVD Chronograph
    Gavox ​Avidiver PVD
    Mido Ocean Star Captain V Titanium
    Seiko
    SBBN017 Tuna, SBDC007 Shogun, SBDC033 ​Sumo, SKX173, SKX175​, SKX779, & SKX781

Loving my Startimer with the blue face! Fun to swap on NATOs (though it is a tight fit for thicker leather straps)

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452865390.084174.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  229.3 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452864510.586016.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  344.8 KB
    victarro, beebox, Jimmy B and 1 others like this.
    Keep right, except to pass!

Been enjoying the Startimer on a NATO!

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454612780.734530.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  285.5 KB
    victarro, CVega and Northlander like this.
    Keep right, except to pass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information