Alpina, anyone? Then, please show it… - Page 2
Like Tree1090Likes

Thread: Alpina, anyone? Then, please show it…

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: Alpina, anyone? Then, please show it…

Quote Originally Posted by jmanlay View Post
    Actually the one above is also limited to 8888 watches and yes the Green horlogerie-suisse LE is 50 pieces

Yep, but you can't possible think that number is a "limited". With 8888 pcs you can populated a little town or make you own private army of idiots.
    I bought the Startimer Pilot Autmatic 44mm version - same as the above, found it to be much closer to the IWC MARK XVII, mine is also 8888 series, so hey, here I am.
    I know nothing about the quality of their in-house movement they do with the Manufacture so didn't want to take any chances.

By the waty the green 50 pcs version is the Manufacture, having the date at 6'oclock
    Last edited by alls3rvice; September 11th, 2012 at 12:59.

Quote Originally Posted by alls3rvice View Post
    Yep, but you can't possible think that number is a "limited". With 8888 pcs you can populated a little town or make you own private army of idiots.
    I bought the Aviation Autmatic vesion - same as the above, found it to be much closer to the IWC MARK XVII, mine is also 8888 series, so hey, here I am.
    I know nothing about the quality of their in-house movement they do with the Manufacture so didn't want to take any chances.

By the waty the green 50 pcs version is the Manufacture, having the date at 6'oclock

I agree with you, I do not understand the limiting to 8888. That is a pretty substantial number. Ganted some watches may be made in the 10s of thousands but 8888 does not sound like a proper LE to me. I don't know what the proper cut off should be for LEs and I get the historical references sometimes (like 1882 will be made based on the year the x,y, z was invented) but still in my mind a LE is something less and 100 but it is a personal opinion.

Banned

Yep, maybe "retarded" edition instead limited edition is the right term. But the watch, being a clone of IWC MARK XVII is really fantastic. The only negative opinion is about the lume. They applied Luminova only on the hour/minute markers (not on the seconds) and only one 3, 6, 9 and 12 'oclock applied markers on the dial. that's a pitty.

Ok, here is mine just arrived today at my door with UPS today

Last edited by alls3rvice; September 8th, 2012 at 17:08.
    nek and TechGuyJ like this.

Banned

My Alpina Heritage Chrono

Name:  alpina.jpg
Views: 3078
Size:  157.0 KB

Here is mine, just unpacked #08/50 LE edition:

Name:  DSCF1101.JPG
Views: 2872
Size:  20.1 KBName:  DSCF1102.JPG
Views: 2885
Size:  59.1 KBName:  DSCF1105.JPG
Views: 3056
Size:  68.1 KBName:  DSCF1107.JPG
Views: 2880
Size:  94.4 KBName:  DSCF1108.JPG
Views: 2895
Size:  85.1 KBName:  DSCF1109.JPG
Views: 3004
Size:  100.4 KB

Banned

Really? But that riveted strap is not the original this watch usually comes with and anyway must come mounted upside down due to the Alpina clasp which opens on one side.
    What strap is that cause looks really nice?! (And the Laco doesn't stand a chance btw, hahaha.)

I wanted to buy this green Manufacture but when I finally asked swisshorologerie.com (they sel this one for 2011 CHF) what is the difference between this one and the red version, I got only evasive answers so I guess none apart the colour..
    Well, I opted for the red Manufacture version which I found at a resonable price, but lately I was under impression that the date at six o'clock reminds me to much of this (see below) MARK X 1944 so I've changed my mind and I purchased the MARK XVII only (I mean the Startimer Pilot). LOL. Now I think it was a bad move and want to send it back and get the Manufacture, dam it looks nice.

Wear it in good health

Name:  iw0661.jpg
Views: 3106
Size:  7.7 KB
    Last edited by alls3rvice; September 11th, 2012 at 12:57.

Off Topic post Re: Alpina, anyone? Then, please show it…

Quote Originally Posted by alls3rvice View Post
    Really? But that riveted strap is not the original this watch usually comes with and anyway must come mounted upside down due to the Alpina clasp which opens on one side.
    What strap is that cause looks really nice?! (And the Laco doesn't stand a chance btw, hahaha.)

I wanted to buy this green Manufacture but when I finally asked swisshorologerie.com (they sel this one for 2011 CHF) what is the difference between this one and the red version, I got only evasive answers so I guess none apart the colour..
    Well, I opted for the red Manufacture version which I found at a resonable price, but lately I was under impression that the date at six o'clock reminds me to much of this (see below) MARK X 1944 so I've changed my mind and I purchased the MARK XVII only (I mean the Startimer Pilot). LOL. Now I think it was a bad move and want to send it back and get the Manufacture, dam it looks nice.

Wear it in good health

Name:  iw0661.jpg
Views: 3106
Size:  7.7 KB

good catch with the strap. the strap is actually a IWC strap. I just liked the riveted part.
    I would say the only difference between the LE and the other LE red one is the color and the number of watches made and the engraving on the case back. The rest is pretty much the same. I agree with you the Laco is more rugged and the Alpina more classy so they complement each other nicely depending on the occasion but on the wrist right now is the Alpina
    I like the manufacture with the date at 6 and I thought it looked quite different but now not so different that you show me the Mark X
    I think Alpina is underrated so hopefully the new owners will get Alpina up the recognition it deserves with some in house movements.
    They just need a website with some decent pics and the "be a player" motto needs to go asap. I don't think they realize the connotation in the US of being a player.....

My Alpina :)
    Loco and nek like this.

Quote Originally Posted by nudie View Post

My Alpina :)
    I like that one a lot, good choice

Extreme Sailing...

and the latest Extreme Diver...

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information