Alpina Diver 300 lost bezel insert :( - Page 3
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Alpina Diver 300 lost bezel insert :(

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Alpina Diver 300 lost bezel insert :(

What a nightmare!

I was quite interested in an Alpina but that has suddenly waned..anyone can get a duff watch from any manufacturer but it's the dreadful customer "service" in this case that kills it stone dead for me.

I don't care what anyone thinks,Alpina should immediately replace the watch & offer compensation as soon as the problem is brought to their attention..Cloud Cuckoo Land,I know..but it's a luxury purchase and as such deserves luxury service.

I've only ever had high-handed,slow "service" from the luxury brands.Plus bonus snobbery.

Hope it turns out right in the end.

but, but, but, this brand is endorsed by a Baldwin!!! How can this be?

Seriously, I hope I don't have any issues with my Extreme Diver Chrono. I love that watch...
    My name is Matt R and I'm a lumaholic.

John 14:6

More Lion, less Lamb.

"Amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic."

Did the watch come with a ding in the bezel? It looks like it has a mark at 7:30, if that isn't just distortion in the photo that could be the reason the bezel fell out.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnmiller1 View Post
    The conclusion to my bezel story :

I was in Melbourne the day before yesterday looking at plans and designs for a house my wife and I are having built and, having had a few conversations with the manager of the Alpina (and other Swiss watches) service centre I decided to call into the AD, 8th Avenue Watches, where I bought the watch. I have in the past bought quite a few watches from them and they have given me some big discounts for my continued patronage, so I really didn't want to let the Alpina bezel problem ruin our relationship, but I did want something done after 12 or so weeks now.

I explained the situation to them, forwarded some of the emails I've had from the service center and tried not to be aggressive or too assertive. I asked the new manager to talk to the manager of the service center. They were apologetic, but noncommittal until they had investigated directly, which was fine.

I was called by the manager of 8th Avenue yesterday. She had spoken to the manager of the service center and he expected an indeterminate delay to get the bezel insert, likely months. She was willing to offer me a store credit for the total cost of the watch, which I gratefully accepted.

Whilst I am super happy that my AD gave such excellent service and would certainly recommend buying from 8th Avenue, I am spectacularly disappointed in Alpina customer service in Switzerland , though definitely not their repair center in Australia, who were also excellent.

All this for a watch that lasted three days before falling apart. I can tell you that there is no way that I will use that store credit to buy an Alpina.

Thanks for listening. Case closed
    Wow. Thanks for the follow-up. A Seastrong Diver 300 Auto is on my short-list to buy, and now this leaves me wondering what to do. I've been happy with the quality of the GMT 4 that I've had for the last few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by MV-22 View Post
    Wow. Thanks for the follow-up. A Seastrong Diver 300 Auto is on my short-list to buy, and now this leaves me wondering what to do. I've been happy with the quality of the GMT 4 that I've had for the last few weeks.
    I wouldn't worry about it. He posted a picture on here that leaves considerable doubt to the story. I don't like it when people try to bash a company when they may have been at fault. I tried to nicely suggest maybe he dinged the watch and he didn't reply. NOW if I am wrong and there wasn't any damage done to the watch and the bezel just fell off then I am sorry for doubting the OP, but here is what appears to be a pretty good gash in the bezel. A whack hard enough to dent the bezel like the picture shows would stand a good chance of popping the bezel insert off. Like I said, if I'm wrong and it's a bad photo then I'm sorry, maybe a second photo could be uploaded.
    Name:  IMG_0243.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  190.9 KB
    MV-22 likes this.

They're great watches. May have just gotten a bad one. That has happened to me with Ball. And by the way Ball has terrible customer service.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information