WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Alpina KM 710

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Myron 
#1 · (Edited)
Last year I was thrilled to see Alpina release the watch they called the "Tribute to the KM" (for Kriegsmarine) with their manufacture movement. I thought it was very cool how Alpina substituted a date indicator at 6 for the sub seconds dial at 6. The watches look similar, but the date is a nice modern offering and doesn't ruin the dial with an ugly misplaced date window (like Hamilton and Longines seem so fond of doing). Alpina was quite clear that this was their own homage/tribute to their classic Kriegsmarine watches from the 1930's-40's. The reference number even has KM in it, AL-7KM4E6. Here's mine (sorry for the dumb hand placement):

And here's a picture of an original Kriegsmarine watch, courtesy of Grentch @ MWR. It uses caliber 592, hence the dial designation:

This weekend I am reading the news that Alpina is now offering a closer tribute/homage to their own classic, which they are calling the K.M. 710. I like what they've done with the date indicator on this watch, as it seems a bit easier to read than on last year's "Tribute" watch. This picture is from Alpina's website.

I wish I had known it was coming, as I might have waited for this watch rather than getting the "Tribute" from last year. Anybody know anything more about this new watch, and why on earth Alpina didn't release it last year at the same time as the "Tribute" watch?

Thanks,

Myron

See less See more
#3 ·
I love this KM710. Really nice vintage vibe.
I may have to add it to the list.

#8 ·
I had a big Photobucket house cleaning the other day and fear I deleted some pictures that were still kind of current. So I thought I'd bump this thread up to show the strap I just made for this watch. I used Horween No. 8 shell cordovan and cranberry thread. Yes, I was inspired by Nomos's beautiful straps... :)

Myron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.