Alpina new models out - Page 12
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Alpina new models out

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Re: Alpina new models out

I really like the glacier blue Alpina 4 but wish it was 42mm and not 44. Also, the new blue faced smartwatch looks great, but I definitely won't be buying.

^^Yep.

I feel the same about the size, although I had a peak at one of the Alpiner 4s today through a display case. Much like their other 40+mm watches, it seems to have nicely arched lugs to make up for some of the size and hug the wrist. While I didn't try it on, I usually stay 38-42mm, I actually think it would have sat well. It's bold, that's for sure, but that's also why it's tempting, very tempting. Love the look.

Some pictures posted on Flickr, limited edition for a polish alpinist.

Alpina 1883 Genève, Alpina Watches, Collection, alpiner, Automatic 4, Jerzy Kukuczka Limited Edition 188pcs

I tried on the Alpina site when I saw it on instagram, but it jumps to Polish only site and I couldn't find anywhere to buy this, total fail, I take it as a sign to find an AD here in town and at least try on the blue on my tiny 6.5" wrist to see how it fits.

Quote Originally Posted by nordwulf View Post

Quote Originally Posted by d-bass11 View Post
    I really like the glacier blue Alpina 4 but wish it was 42mm and not 44. Also, the new blue faced smartwatch looks great, but I definitely won't be buying.
    I tried one on in an AD and it did wear moderately large on the wrist, slightly larger than expected. I think the thin bezel makes the dial appear larger and thus making the watch look bigger.

Still, looked great and felt solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder16 View Post
    I tried one on in an AD and it did wear moderately large on the wrist, slightly larger than expected. I think the thin bezel makes the dial appear larger and thus making the watch look bigger.

Still, looked great and felt solid.
    Exactly how I felt when I got mine. Too big and the fairly empty space on the dial dos not help. 40-42 would have made for a very nice watch especially considering the price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loved mine in spite of the size. I admit I miss it each time I see a pic of one :(

ALPINA Alpiner 4GMT, Startimer Pilot Automatic & Quartz Chronographs & Startimer 42 | ASTOR + BANKS Pilomatic B2 | BLACKLIST streetmatic S5 | BREITLING Jupiter Pilot | CARPENTER Brooklyn Field | CASIO G-SHOCK GW-9200 & GW-M6610 | FORTIS Classic Cosmonauts AM Ceramic | GLYCINE Combat6 Vintage 43 GL0123 | IWC MKXVIII LPP & Silver | MERCER Airfoil & Lexington | OMEGA Seamaster cal. 1040 | ORIS 65 42mm | RAVEN Trekker | SCURFA DiverOne PVD Auto| SWATCH Irony Chrono | UNDONE AquaBlack Custom |

Ordered--> Nada

Quote Originally Posted by jmanlay View Post
    Exactly how I felt when I got mine. Too big and the fairly empty space on the dial dos not help. 40-42 would have made for a very nice watch especially considering the price

Have you tried on an ORIS Aquis 43mm? I wonder how that one wears ,the Alpiner 4 is in competition with the Aquis for my money
    petalz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jmanlay View Post

Did you take a wrist shot? I took one in store to consider future purchase

Thats a great deal, and if you choose to sell it you should be able to gain most of your money back which is the whole point of this hobby- wear and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by JChong8 View Post
    I just purchased an Alpina Alpiner Automatic yesterday from a Craigslist type website (I'm in Canada). I'm looking to get the opinions on those with far more experience collecting than I do on if I got a great deal/steal or if I was ripped off on this. I paid around $380 US all in, and the seller originally purchased from Jomashop in January for around 650-680 US. He says he hadn't even worn it and it was a shame it didn't get any wrist time and that's why he was selling. Like I said, I only recently purchased a Hamilton Khaki Field in a 44 mm (Officer Version) due to reading up on it's merits and overall quality as a "beginners watch". I picked up the Alpina due to talking with a fellow collector who swears by the brand and believes at the price point, not many brands offer better quality. Here is the exact watch I bought,

Attachment 9078266Attachment 9078274Attachment 9078282

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information