Alpina new models out - Page 14
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Alpina new models out

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Re: Alpina new models out

Quote Originally Posted by nordwulf View Post
    Do me a favor and Google the word "lazy".

That question about the bezel is asked often. I was just trying to be helpful and pointing out what the bezel was for. Next time, let me go out of my way and explain something that has been explained many times before.

Googling "alpina alpiner watch bezel" would have given you the explanation as well. However, I should have noted your closing line about not being smart so the blame is on me..
    Last edited by Leekster; October 22nd, 2016 at 04:01.

Alpina new models out

It sounds like you ordered from Alpina directly? I am guessing it will take a while before these start showing up at grey market dealers but you will be able to enjoy it long before. 42mm seems like the perfect size for this watch.
    I did.
    But it's already in grey market like Joma. They had some. Obviously one buys at his own risk when using grey market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ALPINA Alpiner 4GMT, Startimer Pilot Automatic & Quartz Chronographs & Startimer 42 | ASTOR + BANKS Pilomatic B2 | BLACKLIST streetmatic S5 | BREITLING Jupiter Pilot | CARPENTER Brooklyn Field | CASIO G-SHOCK GW-9200 & GW-M6610 | FORTIS Classic Cosmonauts AM Ceramic | GLYCINE Combat6 Vintage 43 GL0123 | IWC MKXVIII LPP & Silver | MERCER Airfoil & Lexington | OMEGA Seamaster cal. 1040 | ORIS 65 42mm | RAVEN Trekker | SCURFA DiverOne PVD Auto| SWATCH Irony Chrono | UNDONE AquaBlack Custom |

Ordered--> Nada

Quote Originally Posted by Leekster View Post
    I did answer your question and gave a suggestion on how to find out more information.

I am just curious who peed in your wheaties this morning.
    Last edited by nordwulf; October 22nd, 2016 at 04:36.

I did answer your question and gave a suggestion on how to find out more information.

Must be a cultural thing.
    Your choice of words came off as condescending.
    Probably my interpretation. It seems you didn't intend your message to come of that way? My apologies.

My question was genuine. I really didn't understand the purpose of that bezel. I took your advice and googled it. Now I get it.

Please excuse spelling errors...I'm not very smart.
    Jeep99dad likes this.

I didn't mean to be condescending. If I meant to be, it would be a lot more obvious.

No hard feelings, glad to hear you found the information you were looking for.

I didn't mean to be condescending. If I meant to be, it would be a lot more obvious.

No hard feelings, glad to hear you found the information you were looking for.
    Thanks.
    I'm now buying you a virtual beer.

Jeep99dad and nordwulf like this.

Alpina new models out

Maybe he is a bit sensitive or had a bad day or different perspective/culture ? Some days my mind plays tricks on me and overreact to people's comments :) looking back after wards I feel like I was silly :)

Best to move forward an return to regular thread programming :)

Last edited by Jeep99dad; October 22nd, 2016 at 18:04.
    ALPINA Alpiner 4GMT, Startimer Pilot Automatic & Quartz Chronographs & Startimer 42 | ASTOR + BANKS Pilomatic B2 | BLACKLIST streetmatic S5 | BREITLING Jupiter Pilot | CARPENTER Brooklyn Field | CASIO G-SHOCK GW-9200 & GW-M6610 | FORTIS Classic Cosmonauts AM Ceramic | GLYCINE Combat6 Vintage 43 GL0123 | IWC MKXVIII LPP & Silver | MERCER Airfoil & Lexington | OMEGA Seamaster cal. 1040 | ORIS 65 42mm | RAVEN Trekker | SCURFA DiverOne PVD Auto| SWATCH Irony Chrono | UNDONE AquaBlack Custom |

Ordered--> Nada

Thanks.
    I'm now buying you a virtual beer.

:) ah ah. Can I have one too? ;)

Ordered--> Nada

Must be a cultural thing.
    Your choice of words came off as condescending.
    Probably my interpretation. It seems you didn't intend your message to come of that way? My apologies.

My question was genuine. I really didn't understand the purpose of that bezel. I took your advice and googled it. Now I get it.

Culture and background plays a big role in communication especially in electronic form when one doesn't get the benefit of seeing the other person's behavior and facial expression.
    When I first came to the US it took some time to adapt to the communication style and culture.
    But when in doubt on line, best not to assume the other guy is out to get you :) or means bad... and take the high road when arguments arise.

:)

Where are you from btw

Ordered--> Nada

I was in the North Maine Woods last week on a hunting trip. I felt mt Alpina GMT might be a bit big and get in the way of some "hunting chores" so I wore my Seiko Alpinist which has a rotating inner 360˚ rehaut for the same purpose. Worked well, very handy.

Of course my guide had a brass lapel compass....
    Jeep99dad likes this.
    "My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income."
    - Errol Flynn

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information