Alpina new models out - Page 5
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Alpina new models out

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Re: Alpina new models out

Quote Originally Posted by dinexus View Post
    Man, so many colors. Just baffling. Really want one of these though – been (im)patiently waiting for one of the previous versions to show up on the sales forum...
    Mine may be up very soon
    ALPINA Alpiner 4GMT, Startimer Pilot Automatic & Quartz Chronographs & Startimer 42 | ASTOR + BANKS Pilomatic B2 | BLACKLIST streetmatic S5 | BREITLING Jupiter Pilot | CARPENTER Brooklyn Field | CASIO G-SHOCK GW-9200 & GW-M6610 | FORTIS Classic Cosmonauts AM Ceramic | GLYCINE Combat6 Vintage 43 GL0123 | IWC MKXVIII LPP & Silver | MERCER Airfoil & Lexington | OMEGA Seamaster cal. 1040 | ORIS 65 42mm | RAVEN Trekker | SCURFA DiverOne PVD Auto| SWATCH Irony Chrono | UNDONE AquaBlack Custom |

Ordered--> Nada

Yup, they have all the colors. Really a great price. I'm just waiting for the blue Automatic 4 to show up and I'm jumping at it. Hoping by July 4th.
    Alpina 130 Pilot Heritage Chronograph
    Baume & Mercier Classima 10214
    Breitling Navitimer 01 46mm AB0127
    Breitling Premier 797
    Cartier Tank Basculante 2390
    Hamilton Khaki Field Pioneer
    Longines Evidenza Big Date
    Longines Legend Diver
    Lucerne World Timer NOS vintage
    Nomos Orion Midnight Edition
    Rolex Datejust 16014 "Buckley"
    Tudor Heritage Black Bay 79220N
    Victorinox Alliance Chronograph
    Zodiac Super Sea Wolf 53 Compression

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep99dad View Post
    Mine may be up very soon
    PM me a sneak peek on your deal? Was really hoping for the silver dial though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine may be up very soon
    I was thinking of selling my GMT 4 as it is not getting much wrist time lately. But then I take it out of the box, look at it and realize there may never be another chance to get one of these in new/perfect condition at a reasonable price.

Loco, the_watchier and marker2037 like this.

Here is another new vintage-style model from Alpina. Definitely something different as well and nicely sized at 41.5mm.

Alpina Alpiner Heritage Manufacture KM-710 - It's All About Watches

Quote Originally Posted by nordwulf View Post
    I tried on the KM710 at an AD a few weeks ago. The watch had just arrived and they were in the process of putting it out for display. Beautiful watch, finished well and wears well. I especially liked the metallic chapter rings, which adds just a little bit more interest and contrast to the dial without going over the top.

Having the date appear as an old-style small seconds dial is an especially nice touch.

It looks classic and subtle, without going overboard with that vintage lume that's popular at the moment. And no cut-off numerals (a pet hate of mine, just looks wrong to me). I personally thought it was a bit pricey for what is essentially a three-hander, but it's definitely a very nice watch. Came close to buying it, and it stayed in my mind for a few weeks, which is a good sign. Most watches that I like / love in the store, I forget them as soon as I walk out.

EDIT: To be honest, I'm still kind of considering getting it, but I'm not sure it'll get a lot of wear. I have a funny feeling I'll always be passing it over in the morning for something else.
    Last edited by piningforthefjords; June 2nd, 2016 at 09:09.
    Portland likes this.
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government."

Quote Originally Posted by piningforthefjords View Post
    I tried on the KM710 at an AD a few weeks ago. The watch had just arrived and they were in the process of putting it out for display. Beautiful watch, finished well and wears well. I especially liked the metallic chapter rings, which adds just a little bit more interest and contrast to the dial without going over the top.

Having the date appear as an old-style small seconds dial is an especially nice touch.

It looks classic and subtle, without going overboard with that vintage lume that's popular at the moment. And no cut-off numerals (a pet hate of mine, just looks wrong to me). I personally thought it was a bit pricey for what is essentially a three-hander, but it's definitely a very nice watch. Came close to buying it, and it stayed in my mind for a few weeks, which is a good sign. Most watches that I like / love in the store, I forget them as soon as I walk out.

EDIT: To be honest, I'm still kind of considering getting it, but I'm not sure it'll get a lot of wear. I have a funny feeling I'll always be passing it over in the morning for something else.
    I like it a lot too. Very tempting.what was the price ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkblahblahah
    ALPINA Alpiner 4GMT, Startimer Pilot Automatic & Quartz Chronographs & Startimer 42 | ASTOR + BANKS Pilomatic B2 | BLACKLIST streetmatic S5 | BREITLING Jupiter Pilot | CARPENTER Brooklyn Field | CASIO G-SHOCK GW-9200 & GW-M6610 | FORTIS Classic Cosmonauts AM Ceramic | GLYCINE Combat6 Vintage 43 GL0123 | IWC MKXVIII LPP & Silver | MERCER Airfoil & Lexington | OMEGA Seamaster cal. 1040 | ORIS 65 42mm | RAVEN Trekker | SCURFA DiverOne PVD Auto| SWATCH Irony Chrono | UNDONE AquaBlack Custom |

Ordered--> Nada

I like it a lot too. Very tempting.what was the price ?
    It's very, very nice in real life.

I can't remember the exact number, but I'm pretty sure it was around AUD$4K. I distinctly remember thinking to myself, "I could get a basic chrono for that money!". I like my chronographs.

Press release quoted it at EUR€2,500, which converts to about the same.

It's got an in-house movement to (supposedly) justify that price, but I'm agnostic about in-house vs stock movements.

EDIT: The top crystal also seemed to be "boxed" a lot higher than other watches. It was really nice having this big chunk of sapphire floating above the bezel.
    Last edited by piningforthefjords; June 2nd, 2016 at 17:33. Reason: Added line
    Jeep99dad likes this.
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government."

Quote Originally Posted by piningforthefjords View Post
    It's very, very nice in real life.

I can't remember the exact number, but I'm pretty sure it was around AUD$4K. I distinctly remember thinking to myself, "I could get a basic chrono for that money!". I like my chronographs.

Press release quoted it at EUR€2,500, which converts to about the same.

It's got an in-house movement to (supposedly) justify that price, but I'm agnostic about in-house vs stock movements.
    Yeah it's their new in-house caliber hence the date subdial instead of seconds. It's important to see Alpina go back to making mvt. 2500 isn't a. As price for a Swiss brand with history dating back to the 1880's, Swiss made watch and in house, a nice well finished watch too.
    It'll go for less with heavy AD discount and the usual grey market I assume.

It's a beauty. I did wish it had a second subdial instead and a bit more length differentiation between the hour and minute hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkblahblahah
    piningforthefjords likes this.

Ordered--> Nada

It'll go for less with heavy AD discount and the usual grey market I assume.

It's a beauty. I did wish it had a second subdial instead and a bit more length differentiation between the hour and minute hands.
    To be honest, the date subdial put me off a little bit. Looking at it to see the top number is 31 was just a tiny bit strange to my eye. I just naturally expect to see a 30 or 60 there. Don't get me wrong, the date subdial's a nice touch and unique, but I agree that a traditional small seconds subdial would have been nice.

But that's me. Freakishly small details like that can really bug me sometimes.

Not sure what discount the AD here would be offering. It's the only one in the city (country?) selling Alpina as far as I know. Even buying grey market would make flipping it a lot more risky since the brand's not too visible here. I expect used Alpina prices here to require taking a fairly painful bath.
    Last edited by piningforthefjords; June 2nd, 2016 at 17:51.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information