WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Alpina new models out

25K views 149 replies 46 participants last post by  Jeep99dad 
#1 ·
thoughts?

looks pretty darn good to me.
44mm
good movement too, nice decorate workhorse.

See less See more
#2 ·
I like that a lot. Guessing the case is the standard Alpiner 4, looks to be and same size. Nice sunray dial, well placed and properly colored date wheel, really like that series' handset. The bezel is very crisp, the action will be great. I like the splash of red at the zero pip. You get that little blast, the logo counterweight, and the "4" tied together. Then picked up on the strap edge (and I'm guessing underbelly). I'd like it to have a display back as the in house movement is very nicely done. But I'm guessing solid to help with the anti-magnetic component of the "4" motif.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I like that a lot. Guessing the case is the standard Alpiner 4, looks to be and same size. Nice sunray dial, well placed and properly colored date wheel, really like that series' handset. The bezel is very crisp, the action will be great. I like the splash of red at the zero pip. You get that little blast, the logo counterweight, and the "4" tied together. Then picked up on the strap edge (and I'm guessing underbelly). I'd like it to have a display back as the in house movement is very nicely done. But I'm guessing solid to help with the anti-magnetic component of the "4" motif.

This particular model doesn't have the in-house movement. Those are distinguished by the date subdial at 6:00. This model uses a modified Sellita movement.

#9 ·
They make beautiful watches.

That one doesn't do it for me.
It seems it's not sure if it wants to be a business watch or a sport watch.
44 seems pretty large for most wrists as well.
Just giving an honest opinion. Not trying to be a troll. I think Alpina is a quality watch.

Please excuse spelling errors...I'm not very smart.

#10 ·
will see how it looks in real life agree w the 44 mm , 2 mm less would have been best for me but I wanted to give it a shot.
this forum is full of the Black Bay is the best thing since sliced bread at 3K with workhorse and I fail to see how this Alpina if you go grey is remotely any less of a contender especially at a fourth the price. stay tuned for pics when it shows up.

#14 · (Edited)
Alright ladies and gents here it is just landed 10 mins ago

Even though 44mm it wears smaller which is very welcomed due to the shorter lugs.
The bezel does rotate counter clock wise where everything aligns perfectly

The bezel action is crisp w nice screw down and logo and nice case back

Super crisp dial

100 m water resistant which is ok for snorkeling

So far love that sucker for the price hard to beat

One thing to add the strap is extremely supple for leather and I am talking extreme that I almost thought is was rubber but then the Alpina website does say leather so there you have it. one pet peeve of mine is the stitching of the leather strap should go over the end piece close to the lugs, I think it looks better imo that way and this strap does look a tad cheap.
So aside from this we shall see if this will be a keeper or not but overall a very well rounded piece.

#29 ·
The Seastrong heritage diver is out and I am really excited about that one too in spite of the controversial date window placement ?:smile:
I think I'll grab one and the new Oris 65 42 blue dial. Those were the two that caught my eye out of Basel's news this year.

#36 ·
I like that new white dial version of the GMT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkblahblahah

#46 · (Edited)
I tried on the KM710 at an AD a few weeks ago. The watch had just arrived and they were in the process of putting it out for display. Beautiful watch, finished well and wears well. I especially liked the metallic chapter rings, which adds just a little bit more interest and contrast to the dial without going over the top.

Having the date appear as an old-style small seconds dial is an especially nice touch.

It looks classic and subtle, without going overboard with that vintage lume that's popular at the moment. And no cut-off numerals (a pet hate of mine, just looks wrong to me). I personally thought it was a bit pricey for what is essentially a three-hander, but it's definitely a very nice watch. Came close to buying it, and it stayed in my mind for a few weeks, which is a good sign. Most watches that I like / love in the store, I forget them as soon as I walk out.

EDIT: To be honest, I'm still kind of considering getting it, but I'm not sure it'll get a lot of wear. I have a funny feeling I'll always be passing it over in the morning for something else.

Reactions: Portland
This post has been deleted
#56 ·
I think the white/silver dial Heritage Diver looks really sharp. Did notice however, that there does not appear to be any lume interlaced with dial markers. If indeed the case, would not make sense to make a dive watch rated to 300m and not lume dial. Maybe internal rotating bezel markers are lumed?

#61 ·
I should have my hands on their new Heritage SuperCompressor diver and marine reeditions soon. I'll post pics and impressions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkblahblahah

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.