WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Amazon's got an unreal deal on a slimline

4K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  tommyjai92 
#1 ·
Hi guys! I've been watching this watch for a while and I've NEVER seen it this low, anywhere. Amazon currently has the FC316v5b9 going for just $1,230.16. Isn't that unreal??? It's MSRP is $4,995!!!!!

It's 18k rose gold, automatic, and just 7.5mm thick. Sure, it's not one of their manufacture movements, but what an amazing looking watch. For comparison's sake, Jomashop has this same watch on sale for $2,250.

https://www.amazon.com/Frederique-C...5&sr=1-1&nodeID=6358539011&keywords=fc316v5b9

#5 ·
Thanks guys--I've just ordered one, should be here soon. CAN'T WAIT!!!

PJ S, I know it sounds too good to be true, but this one is actually solid rose gold, not gold plated. Check out the FC site for info. on this particular model: SLIMLINE AUTOMATIC | Frederique Constant. Also, other folks have asked whether it's real gold or not on Amazon, and the Perfect Timing seller confirms several times that it is in fact solid not plated.

#8 · (Edited)
^
I stand corrected – it does indeed seem that a few models are solid 18k and not plated steel like the others.
Pity they didn’t push the boat out on using solid 18k indices, as presumably solid gold hands would’ve been too heavy for the ETA caliber used.

Congrats, btw – and remember, you’ve to announce your incoming with a plethora of photos.

#10 · (Edited)
^
I stand corrected - it does indeed seem that a few models are solid 18k and not plated steel like the others.
Pity they didn't push the boat out on using solid 18k indices, as presumably solid gold hands would've been too heavy for the ETA caliber used.

Congrats, btw - and remember, you've to announce your incoming with a plethora of photos.
I agree--solid gold indices would be excellent. But then again, that would probably take this watch well into another category, perhaps beyond my reach (for the time being!). I'm happy I can secure it as it is, haha. I've tried it on at an AD and really just absolutely love it. (for the record though, a solid gold watch that goes solid all the way is also certainly something I look forward to owning and enjoying someday).

...pictures will absolutely be forthcoming, hopefully in the next few days!

#14 ·
I hope you got in on that deal, it is really well priced at $1,230.00. Heck, I think it is well priced even at $1,500+ (anything other than MSRP of just a little shy of $4,000). I own one of these watches and it is lovely. Wears well, classic look, and in-house movement that is gorgeous. I think this particular model is one of FC's better ones and is certainly on par in many ways with similar situated watches from Nomos etc. Good luck!

#17 ·
#26 ·
Carter, it is an amazing watch and I LOVE it! For me, it really scratches that itch to have a good quality, budget-friendly, mechanical solid gold watch.

The current price I see on Amazon looks pretty good. I might encourage you to see if it goes down even further than where's it's at (check camelcamelcamel for some stats as to its price variation over time on Amazon). Also, even if there is just one left right now, chances are pretty good (I think?) that more will be in stock at some point later on.

#27 ·
It seems that FC pricing is kind of all over the place, of course depending on the seller, but even more so than I normally see from some other brands. Is it related to Citizen buying the company?

The Slimline Moonphase 38.8mm has my eye, and I'm surprised that it can be had for $1,500 new. Wasn't this watch (or at least the 42mm model) a good deal at $3,000?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.