WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

FC-715 Classic Manufacture Moonphase

25K views 74 replies 52 participants last post by  silverghost1907 
#1 ·
My first swiss auto, a classic manufacture moonphase. Highly impressed by the quality and craftsmanship of Freddy C!!! Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Picture frame Photograph album Room Album
Watch Analog watch Fashion accessory Watch accessory Jewellery
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Material property Strap

See less See more
#29 ·
Wonderful, I wanted to know what the brown cordovan would look like. The black just tones down the alligator nicely, without strap colour change. Here is the anthracite velour. Brown or dark grey depending on the angle and with the rough velour, the stitching can reflect to give contrast stitch appearance without the starkness of white stitch.

Attachments

#37 · (Edited)
I purchased one of these fabulous watches recently and, like most everyone else, I have been very impressed with it. I was a bit worried about the thickness when I purchased it but, after trying it on, the rounded case sides and the 'belt lines' cut in the case break up the profile so it doesn't seem particularly thick on the wrist. Time keeping is excellent meeting COSC time so far. When I first got it the winding action was a bit stiff but it has worked out to be very smooth after a week or two. I dressed mine down with a stitched chromexcel strap. I don't have a good photo but I'll post one when I can.

Watch Analog watch Wrist Watch accessory Fashion accessory

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

#39 ·
I like that CF strap. Just like JLC dress watches, I think this moonphase would look great on a tan ostrich strap with white stitch, like you see on some reversos. Still trying to find one where the tan is the right colour, not too brown, not too orangey...

#41 ·
Such a gorgeous piece! I certainly don't regret picking one up. They seem to be hard to come by now. Just about everyone is out of stock.

-Tim

#44 ·
I was lucky enough to finally snag one on the forums a few months back. Been wanting FC moonphase back when ablogtowatch did a review on the slimline moonphase. Did a lot of waiting(a couple years) for the right deal, good thing i didn't pull the trigger because the classic moonphase Fc715 came out!!! I camped out on the forums, lost out on a couple listings and than finally got one!! Its been my go to piece for most of the week.

#49 ·
Hi!
So i have the opportunity to pick up the Classic Moonphase or the Slimline Moonphase in 39mm. I can't make up my mind. I like the case on the Slimline better, It's a bit slimmer. But i really love the dial on the Classic MP, but the case seems a bit to chunky(?) and i don't really like the hunter's case back. What do you guys think?

#52 ·
Joined the club. Bought it from WUS poster on this forum that was moving on to his next purchase. Was a little unsure after the purchase but now over the "Moon" with it ( pun intended ). After 29 hours it has lost 2 seconds. Can't complain about that. Love the contrast of the black croc strap and silver/white dial. The new kid on the block has relegated some established watches down the pecking order in my small collection.

Attachments

#57 ·
FC's best looking moonphase in my honest opinion. Great lines and in-house movement with fantastic fit and finish.

Reactions: Skellig
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.