FC-715 Classic Manufacture Moonphase - Page 3
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: FC-715 Classic Manufacture Moonphase

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 58
  1. #21
    col
    col is offline
    Member col's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Edge of Europe
    Posts
    379

    Re: FC-715 Classic Manufacture Moonphase

    And to anyone interested, I just came across the first dedicated video (I think) for the manufacture classics moonphase - rose gold plated version

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwwWJ6f7KBc

    Myself, I took the plunge on the SS version, currently waiting for it to arrive and I cannot wait....

  2. #22
    Member Bleedingblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    760

    Re: FC-715 Classic Manufacture Moonphase

    I have one of these beauties on the way myself. I was wondering if anyone had tried different straps for this watch to move it from dress to more of a dress casual. I don't wear a suit often and I'd like this watch to be a regular rotation piece. Please share if you have something to suggest. Thanks!
    DutchMongolian likes this.

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    63

    Re: FC-715 Classic Manufacture Moonphase

    Just a heads up guys, I just stumbled on a huge online grey dealer who is selling these at 60% off right now. There may be one more day left in the flash sale. I don't want to violate any rules by linking the dealer, but they are huge and a simple Google search will reveal it. I think this is the best put together Swiss Moonphase Dress watches for even 3x the price. When I was comparing it with the JLC Moonphase, I just couldn't help but realize that the FC was so much more legible and laid out nicer. My only concern was the thickness with a dress shirt.. Anyone find that it just a bit too thick and gets hung up on their dress shirt cuffs?

  4. #24
    Member Bleedingblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    760

    Re: FC-715 Classic Manufacture Moonphase

    Quote Originally Posted by sheik_djibouti View Post
    Just a heads up guys, I just stumbled on a huge online grey dealer who is selling these at 60% off right now. There may be one more day left in the flash sale. I don't want to violate any rules by linking the dealer, but they are huge and a simple Google search will reveal it. I think this is the best put together Swiss Moonphase Dress watches for even 3x the price. When I was comparing it with the JLC Moonphase, I just couldn't help but realize that the FC was so much more legible and laid out nicer. My only concern was the thickness with a dress shirt.. Anyone find that it just a bit too thick and gets hung up on their dress shirt cuffs?
    I don't think there is any issue with mentioning Jomashop on the forums. I see their name come up all the time.
    sheik_djibouti likes this.

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    84

    Re: FC-715 Classic Manufacture Moonphase

    Such a beauty of a watch. One day...

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by col View Post
    And to anyone interested, I just came across the first dedicated video (I think) for the manufacture classics moonphase - rose gold plated version

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwwWJ6f7KBc

    Myself, I took the plunge on the SS version, currently waiting for it to arrive and I cannot wait....
    Might be my first rose gold watch

  7. #27
    col
    col is offline
    Member col's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Edge of Europe
    Posts
    379

    Re: FC-715 Classic Manufacture Moonphase

    just posted this info on another forum. with the dauphine hands, less expansive face, stick markers and case shape, this can dress down well. I have it (SS version) on a rotation of black straps, a velour and a tan ostrich (the type you see on google images with the reverso).

    Black straps - semi gloss smooth calf skin, black stitch; black nomos cordovan (matte); its OEM alligator; nomos anthracite velour (not so black, but great).

    It has such a different presence with straps compared to the slimline version - can easily take handmades from well known afficionado sites that are made with vintage and sport pieces in mind, black, tan, maybe not blue (although I would if it had a blued seconds hand with the blue moonphase).

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    63

    Re: FC-715 Classic Manufacture Moonphase

    I'm really enjoying this watch... the layout is near perfect and so legible... out classing some watches that are worth 10x as much. Here she is on new Nomos Brown Shell Cordovan straps with red stitching.




  9. #29
    col
    col is offline
    Member col's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Edge of Europe
    Posts
    379

    Re: FC-715 Classic Manufacture Moonphase

    Wonderful, I wanted to know what the brown cordovan would look like. The black just tones down the alligator nicely, without strap colour change. Here is the anthracite velour. Brown or dark grey depending on the angle and with the rough velour, the stitching can reflect to give contrast stitch appearance without the starkness of white stitch.
    Attached Images Attached Images


  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    63

    Thumbs Up Re: FC-715 Classic Manufacture Moonphase


    Thanks! You missed my reply on the other thread... I was bemoaning your horrible taste in straps LOL

    Scary Low Price on a Classics Moonphase

    Quote Originally Posted by col View Post
    Wonderful, I wanted to know what the brown cordovan would look like. The black just tones down the alligator nicely, without strap colour change. Here is the anthracite velour. Brown or dark grey depending on the angle and with the rough velour, the stitching can reflect to give contrast stitch appearance without the starkness of white stitch.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Frédérique Constant Classic Manufacture Moonphase w/ center second!
      By chochocho in forum Frédérique Constant - Ateliers deMonaco - Alpina
      Replies: 15
      Last Post: January 17th, 2016, 10:54
    2. FS: Frédérique Constant Classic Manufacture Moonphase FC-715S4H6/BNIB/2015 model!!
      By tboyson in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 26
      Last Post: January 1st, 2016, 22:20
    3. Thoughts on the new Frederique Constant Classic Manufacture Moonphase?
      By Vat Of Useless Knowledge in forum Public Forum
      Replies: 17
      Last Post: December 24th, 2015, 15:56
    4. Considering a FC Manufacture Slim Moonphase
      By aaroniusl in forum Frédérique Constant - Ateliers deMonaco - Alpina
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: December 7th, 2015, 04:38
    5. Adding Style to Manufacture: The Slimline Moonphase Manufacture
      By Watchuseek Feeds in forum Frédérique Constant - Ateliers deMonaco - Alpina
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: January 22nd, 2014, 08:10

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •