FC-715 Classic Manufacture Moonphase - Page 3
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: FC-715 Classic Manufacture Moonphase

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    col

Re: FC-715 Classic Manufacture Moonphase

And to anyone interested, I just came across the first dedicated video (I think) for the manufacture classics moonphase - rose gold plated version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwwWJ6f7KBc

Myself, I took the plunge on the SS version, currently waiting for it to arrive and I cannot wait....

I have one of these beauties on the way myself. I was wondering if anyone had tried different straps for this watch to move it from dress to more of a dress casual. I don't wear a suit often and I'd like this watch to be a regular rotation piece. Please share if you have something to suggest. Thanks!
    DutchMongolian likes this.

Just a heads up guys, I just stumbled on a huge online grey dealer who is selling these at 60% off right now. There may be one more day left in the flash sale. I don't want to violate any rules by linking the dealer, but they are huge and a simple Google search will reveal it. I think this is the best put together Swiss Moonphase Dress watches for even 3x the price. When I was comparing it with the JLC Moonphase, I just couldn't help but realize that the FC was so much more legible and laid out nicer. My only concern was the thickness with a dress shirt.. Anyone find that it just a bit too thick and gets hung up on their dress shirt cuffs?

Quote Originally Posted by sheik_djibouti View Post
    Just a heads up guys, I just stumbled on a huge online grey dealer who is selling these at 60% off right now. There may be one more day left in the flash sale. I don't want to violate any rules by linking the dealer, but they are huge and a simple Google search will reveal it. I think this is the best put together Swiss Moonphase Dress watches for even 3x the price. When I was comparing it with the JLC Moonphase, I just couldn't help but realize that the FC was so much more legible and laid out nicer. My only concern was the thickness with a dress shirt.. Anyone find that it just a bit too thick and gets hung up on their dress shirt cuffs?
    I don't think there is any issue with mentioning Jomashop on the forums. I see their name come up all the time.
    sheik_djibouti likes this.

Such a beauty of a watch. One day...

Quote Originally Posted by col View Post
    And to anyone interested, I just came across the first dedicated video (I think) for the manufacture classics moonphase - rose gold plated version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwwWJ6f7KBc

Myself, I took the plunge on the SS version, currently waiting for it to arrive and I cannot wait....
    Might be my first rose gold watch

col

just posted this info on another forum. with the dauphine hands, less expansive face, stick markers and case shape, this can dress down well. I have it (SS version) on a rotation of black straps, a velour and a tan ostrich (the type you see on google images with the reverso).

Black straps - semi gloss smooth calf skin, black stitch; black nomos cordovan (matte); its OEM alligator; nomos anthracite velour (not so black, but great).

It has such a different presence with straps compared to the slimline version - can easily take handmades from well known afficionado sites that are made with vintage and sport pieces in mind, black, tan, maybe not blue (although I would if it had a blued seconds hand with the blue moonphase).

I'm really enjoying this watch... the layout is near perfect and so legible... out classing some watches that are worth 10x as much. Here she is on new Nomos Brown Shell Cordovan straps with red stitching.

col

Wonderful, I wanted to know what the brown cordovan would look like. The black just tones down the alligator nicely, without strap colour change. Here is the anthracite velour. Brown or dark grey depending on the angle and with the rough velour, the stitching can reflect to give contrast stitch appearance without the starkness of white stitch.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs Up Re: FC-715 Classic Manufacture Moonphase

Thanks! You missed my reply on the other thread... I was bemoaning your horrible taste in straps LOL

Scary Low Price on a Classics Moonphase

Quote Originally Posted by col View Post
    Wonderful, I wanted to know what the brown cordovan would look like. The black just tones down the alligator nicely, without strap colour change. Here is the anthracite velour. Brown or dark grey depending on the angle and with the rough velour, the stitching can reflect to give contrast stitch appearance without the starkness of white stitch.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information