WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

FC Group Bought By Citizen

3K views 40 replies 29 participants last post by  KAW 
#1 ·
This just out, Frederique Constant Group bought by Citizen...

Frederique Constant Group bought by Citizen | WatchPro
Another semi-indepenendent swallowed up. Doubt this will be well received by fans of the brand (FC, Alpina). A shame, there's a certain caché and purity associated with standing alone. Will be interesting to watch and see if/how the brands change as a result.

#40 ·
Actually, I echo JeepDad and don't think that FC being bought by Citizen is a bad thing. Judging purely by Bulova and Lange, Citizen seem to have a measure of respect for brands and brand independence that other European companies such as Swatch and Richemont tend to lack. That said, I hope they don't start putting big hex screws on Alpina Seastrong bezels any time soon.

#41 ·
Actually, I echo JeepDad and don't think that FC being bought by Citizen is a bad thing. Judging purely by Bulova and Lange, Citizen seem to have a measure of respect for brands and brand independence that other European companies such as Swatch and Richemont tend to lack. That said, I hope they don't start putting big hex screws on Alpina Seastrong bezels any time soon.
Not sure if you're referring to A. Lange & Söhne, but they are owned by Richemont. IIRC, Citizen also owns Arnold & Son and the movement maker La Joux-Perret.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.