WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

FC Maxime Manufacture Silicium LE

20K views 35 replies 20 participants last post by  mudmud 
#1 ·
Hello everyone

As a proud new owner of the new Frederique Constant Maxime Manufacture Silicium Limited Edition I present you with some pictures (sorry for the quality) of this stunning piece. For the money it's the best timepiece you can get, finishing is superb, movement is manufacture-in-house-made by FC (with silicium escapement) and the guilloche anthracite-grey dial is just WOW !!!

I don't mean to exaggerate - but it is hell-of-a-watch for that king of money... and beyond. Enjoy ;)

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Material property Automotive lighting Fashion accessory Watch Dive computer

See less See more
#2 ·
Beautiful watch. If I'd known about this one I would have strongly considered it when I was buying my Maxime from a WUS member (with the silver dial). I love it just the same!

Reactions: FCGVA
#10 ·
Thank you for your support!

The dial is made of a fine copper aliage with guilloche pattern. Thereafter, it is galvanized to get the deep dark grey color and indexes are applied by hand.

Also saw the comment on Second Hand, please note this was our first Maxime Manufacture Caliber. On the Classics Manufacture which we just introduced in Basel, we added a center second hand.

#13 ·
Welcome to the forums Mr. Stas. I hope to see more of your presence in the forums. I own a few FC watches and I thoroughly impressed by the craftsmanship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#12 ·
I was hesitant about the lack of a seconds hand originally too, but frankly after owning the watch I prefer it without the seconds hand as it is a dress watch. Somehow seems more elegant to me.

#26 ·
Hello All, and Hello to Peter Staas,

I just purchased the FC-710 Classics Manufacture with the gold finish. It is an awesome watch. I wrote a review of it for Amazon. I have inserted it below. So far the watch is doing well, but the accuracy variation is interesting. By the end of the first day, it had gained 3 seconds. Overnight (and I wore it in bed), it lost 18 seconds, putting it now about 15 seconds slow. Any idea why this would occur?

In any event, the watch is accurate enough that it does not bother me. I will try to send some photos soon.

REVIEW:

First, the appearance, fit and finish of this watch are all excellent, on a par with very high-end Swiss watches that go for many thousands of dollars. The rose gold finish might not be for everyone, and if so, the watch also comes in stainless steel. But I have several SS watches and enjoy the gold color, especially with the brown leather strap. The dial is finished in several classic patterns, all beautifully done, including of course the roman numerals; they are not too large nor too small. The time is very easily readable. The patterns and roman numerals also give the watch a very classic feel, but with a contemporary element as well. The date sub-dial at 6 o'clock also adds to the watch and is also readable.

The overall heft of the watch is excellent. Very solid and substantial feel but not at all clunky or heavy.

The back of the watch is equally impressive, with a large skeleton window showing the movement, and blued screws. Various markings around the edges identify the brand, model number, swiss made, 5ATM and "manufacture" (see below). The case back is a screw on version, all beautifully rendered.

The movement itself is a variation of Constant's FC-700 "in-house" movement, meaning that it is designed and manufactured by FC, and not ETA or other "off-the-shelf" Swiss movements. The use of such a "in-house" movement is the mark of a very high-end watch maker, such as Patek Philippe, Jaeger LaCoultre, Rolex, and others. Watches with such movements usually start at $5K and go up very high from there. No other Swiss-originated, Swiss-made, luxury watch maker produces such a movement at FC's price for this watch. Really amazing.

The size (42mm) is very good for my large wrist. It is about as large as I will go.

I have only owned the watch for less than a day, but thus far it is (of course) running well and keeping superb time, gaining two seconds. I'll see how it does over a longer stretch, but I doubt it will gain or lose many seconds per day.

All in all, a superb watch, most suitable for dress occasions. But I am not a big fan of sport or pilot-style watches and so intend to wear this excellent timepiece as both a dress and everyday watch, alternating with my other watches.

By the way, the photo of this watch on the Amazon site is awful. It does not give you a good sense of its first-rate appearance and finish. If you want to see better photos of it, go to a watch blog called Hodinkee and search for "Frederique Constant".

Last point. FC is not a readily known watch brand, especially in the U.S. It is owned by a Dutch couple and has only been in existence for a few decades. But it is well known and much admired among luxury watch enthusiasts, even the "Watch Snob" on the Askmen website. If you desire a high-end, high-quality, beautifully finished watch with an in-house movement, and don't want to pay an astronomical price, check out this watch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.