WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Frederique Constant GMT water resistance question

540 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  KazeKei 
#1 ·
Would you suggest this watch as a good travel watch. I love how the movement is a proper GMT.
My only concern is the 5 ATM resistance. I worry about the crown not being a screw in. I dont' think i would want to leave this in the hotel room. Would this be suitable for the beach or swimming? I would change the band to something more durable than leather. I have rather small wrists <6.75", and i don't have the funds for a Rolex GMT II. Anything else i should consider?

Your thoughts?

#2 ·
Not sure if anyone cared about this topic but i did find my answer here.
on the Official website under watch care.

3 ATM/98 FT Suitable for everyday use. Will withstand accidental splashing but NOT suitable for swimming
6 ATM/164 FT Suitable for everyday use and swimming but NOT for poolside diving, snorkelling or water sports.
10 ATM Suitable for everyday use including swimming and snorkelling but NOT suitable for highboard diving or sub-aqua diving.
20 ATM Suitable for all high impact water sports and scuba diving at depths NOT requiring helium gas. At these depths however it is recommended that a professional divers watch be purchased.

Cheers

#3 ·
Would you suggest this watch as a good travel watch. I love how the movement is a proper GMT.
My only concern is the 5 ATM resistance. I worry about the crown not being a screw in. I dont' think i would want to leave this in the hotel room. Would this be suitable for the beach or swimming? I would change the band to something more durable than leather. I have rather small wrists <6.75", and i don't have the funds for a Rolex GMT II. Anything else i should consider?

Your thoughts?
IMO I will never take a watch without screw in crown for swimming, no matter what the rating says.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.