WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Frederique Constant Healey GMT - need new strap idea/assistance?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  MV-22 
#1 ·
I am considering getting the Frederique Constant Vintage Rally Healey GMT

It has a dressy dial but the band makes it look a sporty (which I like). However I'm not overly fond of the band itself (the big rally racing holes). So I'm wondering if you have any ideas of what sort of band I could pair this with to keep the sporty look?

Perhaps a perforated black band with red stitching? Maybe something like this?

Or perhaps a Di-Modell Rallye Wapro 1230 calfskin?

Even cheapestnatostraps has a monte carlo style?

Maybe I'm on the wrong track however? I can of course go with white stitching like the original band (but without the large holes). Do you like one of these over the other? Or any other ideas (not similar to what I'm looking at?)

Thanks so much!

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I had the middle strap in your picture (Strapcode) on a Tag and thought it was well made.

Very comfortable, but you have to like alot going on within your band when you go for the perforated straps.

PS: Make sure of the lug size as some FC's are the weird 21mm uneven number. I think the Healey is 20mm but I would verify to be sure.

#3 ·
I had the middle strap in your picture (Strapcode) on a Tag and thought it was well made.

Very comfortable, but you have to like alot going on within your band when you go for the perforated straps.

PS: Make sure of the lug size as some FC's are the weird 21mm uneven number. I think the Healey is 20mm but I would verify to be sure.
Thanks. Yes, FC GMT has the 21mm lug width. I read some other threads that said I should be able to squeeze a 22mm on it. Not totally confident about that.

#4 ·
The holes on that original strap would be kind of a no go for me too.
I think the last strap you picked looks the best. With that sporty "Momo" look to it, it has automotive styling, keeping with the theme of the watch. I dig the perforated leather too.
That is going to look slick!! Post lots of pics when it's ready for it's close-up!! [emoji2]

#6 ·
Here is another option with slightly smaller holes than the one above.

Do you prefer this style over the one with similar but larger center holes? Seems like at this point it's just personal preference. That is, if the black and red stitching match - they match.

#7 ·
Bit of an old thread, but I'll reply anyway:

It's absolutely possible to stuff a 22mm leather strap between the lugs. On some I tried, the leather bulged a bit, and really didn't look good next to the trim watch itself. I have a slim canvas 22mm strap that looked ok though.

I currently have mine on an Erika's Originals parachute strap while I acquire a 21mm leather.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.