WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Frederique Constant Index as an everyday watch?

3K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  tristanhilton85 
#1 ·
I've been hopelessly on a search for the classic black dial "everyday" watch - something you can wear with just about anything. I came across a picture of the FC Classics Index (fc-303b5b6b) and its has that classic look, but I don't know the first thing about the brand (which doesn't mean anything as this would be my first automatic). I was hoping to get a few questions answered regarding this watch:

• I assume from reading that FC is an established brand and puts out a quality product at their price point?
  • Does anyone have experience with this particular watch?
  • Does anyone know if the hands and markers of this model are lumed?
  • Does anyone know what the movement is? One thing I would be concerned about is service as the FC website lists the movement as one of theirs.
  • Lastly, if I decided this is the watch I wanted, where is the best place to purchase FC watches from?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

#2 ·
I had this watch and it is drop dead gorgeous. It ran near COSC standards. I did sell it though because I don't think dress watches suit me particularly well. If you wear dress watches frequently, then this is a great value dress watch that is IMO better than the Tissot Visodate etc...

#7 ·
FC are great bang for your buck and they do make their own in-house movement so I'm not sure your average watch repair shop can fix any problems it may have. But they are usually great Swiss quality so you shouldn't have much problems.

They are also a relatively new and small brand so their depreciation value is rather high. I wouldn't buy them at an AD, instead maybe try jomashop or used on the forums.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.