WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Help me select an Alpina.

3K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  emathieu 
#1 ·
I'm in the market for a few watches at present. I've recently sold a few; so I'm looking to replace with something that gets the juices flowing. I began taking a liking to FC a couple of months ago when a friend showed me his new World Timer. Wow! Amazing. So much so I'll buy one as or when funds allow.
Right now, I'm after a few mid range Swiss to add to my stable so I can change up regularly & it doesn't get me kicked out the big bed.
Having browsed the Alpina site based on a recommendation, I'd like your opinion on which of the following I should lean towards.

My taste in watches is somewhat eclectic having owned anything from a TW Steel LE to a RLX GMTIIC. I largely like tool watches, usually sports inspired. Usually 42mm + so the watches I'm interested in follow the same path.

If YOU were buying, what would you chose & why?

TIA,

S'n'S

See less See more
#2 ·
Of the three, I think the gold one is the best looking, but I am always concerned about plating rubbing off, so from a practical perspective the steel one is more durable. But if you take good care of your watches, I'd lean back toward gold - it just looks more striking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#16 ·
smoke.n.shadows, That is a very interesting and great timepiece you've got there. Is it from the previous collection as I can't find it at Alpina's website. The nearest similar timepiece is Pilot Manufacture Automatic Regulator.

View attachment 2364890
This pilot is also quite classy too. [emoji106]

#21 ·
@BrentYYC, That's a great piece too. The calibre is one of their better inhouse movement.

@Smoke.N.Shadows, Thanks to you, your thread got me looking through Alpina's timepieces with much interest hahahahaha. I believe this is a newer collection of the Alpina Regulateur with a new in house movement which looks great as well. And with a case diameter of 48mm, i bet it will have its fair share of attention.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Black Fashion accessory

#29 ·
They are having a sale now on Touch of Modern!

Reactions: emathieu
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.