INCOMING! THE FIRST OF TWO NEW ALPINAS RECEIVED! - Page 2
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: INCOMING! THE FIRST OF TWO NEW ALPINAS RECEIVED!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: INCOMING! THE FIRST OF TWO NEW ALPINAS RECEIVED!

Loved that pair. I'm pretty sure the Pilot Automatic will look awesome with many different straps too.
    rolexus likes this.

Both Straps look great. They make the watch look very different. The Rally, with the red stitching that matches the Logo on the dial and the end of the second hand, looks great. The brown Hadley Roma looks wonderful too. I think you will change them many time, as they do give two different, but equally nice, looks to the watch.

Cheers
    Tony
    rolexus likes this.

Yes, and I've already gone to a third strap, the Hadley Roma in black. It's the great thing about straps, you can swap them out and get a new/different watch in the process. Thanks for all the input!

Name:  alpina_alpiner4-3.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  202.1 KB

Name:  alpina_alpiner4-4.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  179.1 KB
    Tony N likes this.

Congrats on 2 beautiful Alpinas.

My eyes have been glued to this [blue dial] watch for a while -- can you post a wrist shot? My concern is the 44mm width, but I've read a few reviews saying it wears modestly for that large of a watch. (Thanks!)

Quote Originally Posted by rudesiggy View Post
    My eyes have been glued to this [blue dial] watch for a while -- can you post a wrist shot? My concern is the 44mm width, but I've read a few reviews saying it wears modestly for that large of a watch. (Thanks!)

I had the very same apprehension—I have a Steinhart that is 44mm and it looks big on my wrist, but I found the Alpina at a good price ($519 incl shipping on eBay, seller name "sigmatime"—it's now at $494.97 —I'd jump on it) and decided to take a chance. I was really amazed at how it looks! In fact now all my other smaller watches look too small! While this one is just the right size! After that I bought another Alpina, the Alpiner 4 that is also 44mm and while it is a bit thicker it also looks like it fits.

As I may have mentioned previously, the lugs extend a little below the bottom of the case and helps to wrap around the wrist rather than lie on it flat like a board, plus it is relatively thin at 11mm and I think that really makes a difference. My wrist is 7-¼", that I assume is probably medium-sized. Hope this pic helps. Oh, and one final note: It's keeping time within COSC standards, 2-3 seconds off! Never more than 10 seconds so far. I have no regrets about this purchase!

Name:  IMG_1392.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  266.1 KB

Name:  IMG_1391.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  266.6 KB
    Last edited by rolexus; 4 Weeks Ago at 15:54.

Quote Originally Posted by rolexus View Post
    I had the very same apprehension—I have a Steinhart that is 44mm and it looks big on my wrist, but I found the Alpina at a good price ($519 incl shipping on eBay, seller name "sigmatime"—it's now at $494.97 —I'd jump on it) and decided to take a chance. I was really amazed at how it looks! In fact now all my other smaller watches look too small! While this one is just the right size! After that I bought another Alpina, the Alpiner 4 that is also 44mm and while it is a bit thicker it also looks like it fits.

As I may have mentioned previously, the lugs extend a little below the bottom of the case and helps to wrap around the wrist rather than lie on it flat like a board, plus it is relatively thin at 11mm and I think that really makes a difference. My wrist is 7-¼", that I assume is probably medium-sized. Hope this pic helps. Oh, and one final note: It's keeping time within COSC standards, 2-3 seconds off! Never more than 10 seconds so far. I have no regrets about this purchase!

Thanks for the pic!

I have two other Alpinas, both at 41.5 mm. The curved lugs do make a huge difference, but my wrist is 6-3/4. (Perhaps it's a risk worth Amazon-priming...) My Alpiner Chrono with AL-750 movement tested within 1-2s/day a few weeks ago. I'm still a tenderfoot WIS but bang-for-buck, I've been very impressed with Alpina.

Quote Originally Posted by rudesiggy View Post
    [/CENTER]

Thanks for the pic!

I have two other Alpinas, both at 41.5 mm. The curved lugs do make a huge difference, but my wrist is 6-3/4. (Perhaps it's a risk worth Amazon-priming...) My Alpiner Chrono with AL-750 movement tested within 1-2s/day a few weeks ago. I'm still a tenderfoot WIS but bang-for-buck, I've been very impressed with Alpina.

I've owned a few Rolex and quite a few Omegas and I have to say these Alpinas are every bit as good in every respect, so far. Good idea, buying from Amazon Prime and being able to return if you don't like it. Let me know how it turns out. Glad to be of some help.

Quote Originally Posted by rolexus View Post
    I've owned a few Rolex and quite a few Omegas and I have to say these Alpinas are every bit as good in every respect, so far.
    I have also owned Rolex and Omega. An Alpina is no comparison at all - like comparing apples to an onion. Good watches for their price point but no where near the level of Rolex or Omega.

Quote Originally Posted by UofRSpider View Post
    I have also owned Rolex and Omega. An Alpina is no comparison at all - like comparing apples to an onion. Good watches for their price point but no where near the level of Rolex or Omega.
    Hi

Can you please tell me in what way are the Rolex's and Omega's so much better. I know price points are not the same, but are you referring to looks and design, or quality, and technical features, or movements? I don't have much technical knowledge of watches, and would love to increase.

Thank you

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information