The madness Continues
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: The madness Continues

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The madness Continues

Hi all

i just received another Aplina. But thankfully, I traded one in to get this, so total number remains at 3. I let this one go, since it was too similar to the Chronograph I have

Name:  IMG_1259 C.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  1.55 MB

In its place I have received the following:

Name:  IMG_1596.JPG
Views: 303
Size:  1.51 MB

Name:  IMG_1597.JPG
Views: 295
Size:  1.85 MB

Name:  IMG_1600.JPG
Views: 294
Size:  2.01 MB

Cheers
    Tony
    mpalmer and Shaunie_007 like this.

Re: The madness Continues

Group shots of the Alpina family

Name:  IMG_1605.JPG
Views: 274
Size:  2.08 MB

Name:  IMG_1608.JPG
Views: 274
Size:  1.38 MB

Cheers
    Tony

Outstanding. Love the blue dial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

You have a great looking trio there! Thanks for sharing the pics!
    In the works: RGM '801 EE Motor Barrel'

"The stuff that dreams are made of…"

Awesome trio. What do you like about Alpina so much that you have 3 from the same brand? Or do you prefer having all of your watches from one brand?

Great collection. I got my first Alpina last week (Alpiner 4 GMT) and am very impressed with it.

Very nice. Your latest addition is on my shopping list for Santa.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by 94rsa View Post
    Awesome trio. What do you like about Alpina so much that you have 3 from the same brand? Or do you prefer having all of your watches from one brand?
    Well, I did not know much about Alpina, had seen them on line, and one of the dealers I pay regular visit to, but never gave them much attention. A few months ago, I started to look into them more, and trying them on my wrist.

I have pretty large wrist, so the look and the 44 mm size were the first thing that attracted me to them. I bought a 45 mm Zenith Pilot, which also worked very well, so lead to more attention to larger sizes and hence Alpina. The blue dial was the first I purchased, and it was a preowned one, so price was attractive to try it out. I was very impressed with the look, with the quality of finish, the movement decorations, and the timekeeping. It was running at +2 sec per day.

This lead to more attention to the brand and looking at different styles, and of course here on the Forum and the great photos everyone posts, so lead to more pieces!! The more I got into it the more impressed I was. I had 3 before the GMT, but felt 4 was too much, and two of the ones I had were very similar in look, so traded one for the GMT. So far I am very happy with the all.

One other issue in the back of my mind was the fact that Citizen took over the brand. Not that I have anything for or against it, but thought, if they keep the brand the same, or even improve it, I can always add others in the future, but if for some reason (and I have no belief that they would) they lower the brand, then at least I have what I wanted from the time when they great! :)

Cheers
    Tony

Thank you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony N View Post
    Well, I did not know much about Alpina, had seen them on line, and one of the dealers I pay regular visit to, but never gave them much attention. A few months ago, I started to look into them more, and trying them on my wrist.

I have pretty large wrist, so the look and the 44 mm size were the first thing that attracted me to them. I bought a 45 mm Zenith Pilot, which also worked very well, so lead to more attention to larger sizes and hence Alpina. The blue dial was the first I purchased, and it was a preowned one, so price was attractive to try it out. I was very impressed with the look, with the quality of finish, the movement decorations, and the timekeeping. It was running at +2 sec per day.

This lead to more attention to the brand and looking at different styles, and of course here on the Forum and the great photos everyone posts, so lead to more pieces!! The more I got into it the more impressed I was. I had 3 before the GMT, but felt 4 was too much, and two of the ones I had were very similar in look, so traded one for the GMT. So far I am very happy with the all.

One other issue in the back of my mind was the fact that Citizen took over the brand. Not that I have anything for or against it, but thought, if they keep the brand the same, or even improve it, I can always add others in the future, but if for some reason (and I have no belief that they would) they lower the brand, then at least I have what I wanted from the time when they great! :)

Cheers
    Tony
    Great points. I do really like the aesthetic and logo of Alpina watches. Thanks for the explanation!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast