WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

NEW ARRIVAL--I got a Healey!

1K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  nevada1995 
#1 ·
So very much to my surprise I got a new delivery in the mail today!

A Frederique Constant Vintage Rally Healey GMT!!!!! I absolutely love this watch. The dial is a lovely shade of brown that has depth and appears to change in tone depending on how the light hits it. It has a true GMT function allowing me to independently move the hour hand, making it much more user friendly than GMT where I can adjust the GMT hand. Furthermore, all operations are controlled through a single crown.

The case is finished in a rose gold plating (normally plating is not my thing, but I like this so much I don't care) and has excellent fit and finish. The rally strap is both substantive and supple. A wonderful fit.

Oh, I also have another reason to love this watch.....​

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
very nice watch and car! wear it in style

#12 ·
Thanks all for the kind words.....

The first time I wore the watch I took my Healey out for a nice spring drive (a drive in the springtime, not a GS!!!!). It just felt right. But this caused another problem. The car has Smiths gauges as did most British cars of that era. I have a Smiths Everest watch which I bought because of the connection to the gauges. Now when I wear the FC it feels like the gauges are staring at me!

In any event, the only comment that I have with the watch is that the strap is just a bit small. I fit on the third hole, but would prefer the fourth. The fold-over part is too short on only the third hole. I'm hoping the strap will loosen over time and allow me to use the 4th hole. Unfortunately, FC doesn't make a larger strap, so I'm hoping it stretches.

#20 ·
Oh great, you partially answered my question that I posted elsewhere in the forum; I just got the FC classics index GMT and I was wondering if my movement was GMT adjustment was working correctly, since the hour hand moved when adjusting, not the GMT hand. What is the best method of setting the two time zones?

#22 ·
There's some great looking watches in this thread... makes me want to get an FC Healey too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.