Public perception of Alpina? - Page 3
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Public perception of Alpina?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Alpina makes a very solid watch and I feel they are undervalued. Public perception..meh...it's about your own perception....and maybe your wife's if you have one of those to answer to like I do.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by MC88; 4 Weeks Ago at 16:26.

I really wish I could add photos not in a thumbnail. Is that a mobile browser thing or am I just clueless how to do proper?

Sponsor Timeless Luxury Watches's Avatar

Re: Public perception of Alpina?

Quote Originally Posted by MC88 View Post
    I really wish I could add photos not in a thumbnail. Is that a mobile browser thing or am I just clueless how to do proper?
    I'm seeing your image full sized, so it seems like it's working already (unless that's since your last edit).

On the topic at hand, I guess I'm kind of a weirdo. A lot of my watches happen to have solid resale value, but it's literally not something I factor in when I buy a watch.

As per public perception, I wouldn't say the perception is negative at all, I'd just say relatively unknown. But that's not really all that rare. The non-WUS public only knows maybe a dozen brands in general, even if we include famous affordable brands like Casio and Citizen.

I'd also say that I never really cared about public perception either, but it does interest me in a sort of intellectual level. If I had to guess Alpina would do well with the general public because it has no negative connotation associated with, it's Swiss and they look nice and usually have pretty movements. I'm a huge Grand Seiko fan, but in terms of public perception it sort of has to prove itself because of most people's association of Seiko with mid-priced watches, and in a sense Alpina benefits from starting with a clean slate.

I'm considering adding the Extreme Diver to my collection, next. It's definitely in the running for my next dive watch. Alpina is in my book a very high quality watch, no matter any public misconceptions.

I have a Seastrong Diver and I think Alpina makes a pretty good watch. I bought mine before some of the deep discounts in the gray market appeared but I don't regret it. I am trying to move the watch along now because I don't wear it enough and it deserves to be worn.
    Kevin

Alpinas, IMHO, have a great value as a nice watch and a precise instrument. I do agree, though, that a lot depends on advertising: where they do it and who does matters. Celebrities go for big-bang watches, like Rolex, Hublot, AP, VC, etc. I think Kevin Costner is among the few who are working with low-end watches: he is advertising Jacques Lemans, if I am not mistaken. :)

I think alpinas perception is pretty flat but I'm okay with that. I only started coming around after putting on the heritage diver. That watch is beautiful.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information