WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Slimline Moonphase: white v blue dial

7K views 30 replies 25 participants last post by  bank222 
#1 ·
I'm planning to buy a Slimline Moonphase but can't make up my mind on the white dial versus the blue. What do people think? Anybody have any comparison shots they can share?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
If it were silver vs. blue, I think it would be an tougher question. Since I wear a lot of white dress shirts, I like having a dial that is non-white to provide some contrast. I think FC did a great job with the sunburst effect on the blue dial version, too. The only downside of a blue-dial moonphase watch is you lose the contrast of the moonphase indicator vs. the dial since the moonphase itself is navy blue.

I like some of the shots on this FC slimline review article --> link

#13 ·
Size is relative. Need to try it and see. Just because it's bigger than 39/40mm doesn't have to mean it's not dressy or a dress watch. It's a beautiful timepiece.

As much as I love blue dials, with moonphases I always prefer white/silver so the moon window stands out better. Otherwise it just blends in.

#11 ·
You can not go wrong with either.
I have both and I will by a hair recommend the white dial if you only get one (which I don't recommend). I love blue dial watches, they are a minor obsession of mine, but in this case I think the blue is just a little too dark and looks black most of the time, with the fantastic sunburst being visible in fewer lighting situations than I would want. Still fantastic, but man, that white dial looks so classy. The white shows off the premium touches of the watch just a little more. The shape and sheen of the hands and the markers just look fantastic on both, but draw your eye just a little more on the white.

#17 ·
If you search elegance and formality chose the white. The contrast on every watch is very clear. The blue...hmmm...we know that today the fashion go to the deep blue dials and on other models also like IWC watches...but the white is the classic. Depend what you want, to be modern or classical.

#21 ·
I own the white dial with rose gold case and I love it. I agree that the blue dial is neat, but for a more classic looking watch (which this is) I don't think you can go wrong with the white. The moonphase is also much clearer on the white dial and really steals the show. If money is no object certainly get both, but I think if I could only choose one it would be the white dial.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.