Thoughts on the FC775 - Perpetual calendar?

Thread: Thoughts on the FC775 - Perpetual calendar?

Thoughts on the FC775 - Perpetual calendar?

I've been looking to sell off most of my collection in order to fund a FC775 - Perpetual calendar in steel. Since the watch came out early last year, I just can't stop thinking about it. I mean the balance of the watch with the 3 dials is absolutely perfect. That being said, I have noticed a few drawbacks, and although not completely deal breakers, I'd love to get your opinions on these points
    Name:  IMG_20170708_171141.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  898.1 KB

1) Size - at 42mm, I know it's the new "normal" but for me it still feels a little bulky and thick for someone who's use to wearing a 38/39mm watch daily. I personally own a tudor black bay blue, and it's probably one of my least worn watches. However, having tried on the fc775 at the shop, it really doesn't feel as bulky as the tudor black bay.

2) Lack of seconds hand - I've seen a few reviews comment on this, the lack of seconds hands makes it feel less like an automatic watch since you can't see the sweeping seconds. but I feel with such a clean watch face, the seconds hand would/could over crowd the watch face.

3) Strap size - 21mm - I know you can get custom watch straps made at 21mm, however, why Frederique why.

Love to hear you guys thoughts on this!!
    Last edited by tommyjai92; July 21st, 2017 at 12:52.

Re: Thoughts on the FC775 - Perpetual calendar?

I share the same concerns as you, I need a running seconds and 42mm especially on a thin bezeled watch makes it look huge. I think it is a fantastic offering and value but for me it would have to be perfect so I wouldn't purchase. You don't want to regret your decision as I am sure you would get killed on resale. That being said if you are ok with the size and lack of seconds I would go for it. If it was 39-40mm with a running seconds I would think hard about it. Good luck.

Re: Thoughts on the FC775 - Perpetual calendar?

Quote Originally Posted by Maiden View Post
    I share the same concerns as you, I need a running seconds and 42mm especially on a thin bezeled watch makes it look huge. I think it is a fantastic offering and value but for me it would have to be perfect so I wouldn't purchase. You don't want to regret your decision as I am sure you would get killed on resale. That being said if you are ok with the size and lack of seconds I would go for it. If it was 39-40mm with a running seconds I would think hard about it. Good luck.
    Yeaa agreed! I've seen one that's new old stock on chrono24 for around 25% off the retail price, it really does show how it struggles to hold value.
    I reckon if I were to buy it, it wouldn't be as an investment piece, but one to keep and wear, given I could handle the bulkiness of it all

Thread Information