Welcome to the Official Frédérique Constant and Alpina Watches Forum
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Welcome to the Official Frédérique Constant and Alpina Watches Forum

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Lightbulb Welcome to the Official Frédérique Constant and Alpina Watches Forum

Dear member, visitor, Frédérique Constant and/or Alpina watches fan,

Watchuseek is very proud and happy to host the official FC and Alpina forum and we hope you will enjoy it.
    Best regards,

Ernie Romers
    Founder and former site owner, Hidden Content

Re: Welcome to the Official Frédérique Constant and Alpina Watches Forum

Hello,

it makes me happy much, and I hope to meet here many friends of Frederique Constant.

This is a Frederique Constant Slim Line Automatic, new Model.

Name:  Fc Slim 1.jpg
Views: 22227
Size:  823.4 KB

Name:  FC Slim 2.jpg
Views: 16508
Size:  818.5 KB

Many greetings from Germany

Glad to see FC getting love
    FCGVA likes this.

I own both FC Persuasion Auto and Alpina Startimer Limited Edition.

Frederique Constant Persuasion:

Very comfortable, great looking watch. 40mm diameter, it used to be considered an XL sized watch in 2007 when I bought it. Excellent quality bracelet. Very comfortable, matches watch design, and nicely finished. The movement is ETA 2824, nothing fancy. I wish it was 2892, but I understand the need to keep costs down. This watch looks much more expensive than it is. Case finish is top notch. Dial is great. There is a display back. Unfortunately, its accuracy was not within FC specifications. It was about 20 seconds fast daily. Since the rate was stable, it was regulated later to be within 5 seconds per 24 hours. Overall, I am very happy with this watch. In fact, I think the company offers great value for the money and designs great looking timepieces. I highly recommended it to my brother and he also bought himself a FC (having looked at Hamilton and Longines offerings, he preferred FC).

Alpina

This was a very recent acquisition while visiting South Carribean. This watch looks like an IWC Big Pilot, while costing roughly 1/10th. The watch comes in a HUGE presentation box with a small airplane model inside. It is a (not so) limited edition of 8888 pieces. The movement is a (not too exclusive) Sellita 200 (ETA 2824 clone), which has a gorgeous finish. While you wouldn't expect a Pilot watch to have a display caseback, this one does. Since I am not planning to be a pilot, I am happy with trading extra protection against magnetic fields in favor of being able to look at the finished movement. Perlage, blued screws, beautiful rotor with Geneva stripes.... This movement hardly deserved all these embellishments, but I'll take it. The rate is less stable. If fully wound (which is NOT a good idea with 2824 and clones due to wear to winding bridge), it is extremely accurate (within COSC), but when worn and relied upon automatic winding, it is about 10s fast per day. Problem is that it is not consistently +10s per day. Not a big deal though for a mechanical watch.
    The case is 44mm, which looks just right on my 6.75 inch wrist. IWC Big Pilot looked ridiculous. Alpina case is beautifully finished, although I would make a couple of suggestions on improving it if I had a chance. The crystal is domed sapphire with blue-hue AR coating. Looks fantastic! I am very impressed overall with the quality of this case and the looks of this watch. The dial is ridiculously beautiful.
    My version of this watch is on a leather strap, which is the way I wanted it. The strap itself is wonderful. Very high quality. Here is the caveat: the deployant buckle is horrible. When I take the watch off, it can disengage from the strap, which is very dangerous. The buckle design is simple and cheap. But the worst part is the steel. It is soft and it already looks terrible. Even Tissot deployment buckle is much better. I used one for many years and it doesn't have as many scratches/swirls as this almost new one. I hope Alpina pays attention to what customers have to say and invest in upgrading this buckle. It's not worthy of an otherwise wonderful watch.

I will post some pictures next week.
    Last edited by vbomega; May 18th, 2012 at 20:30.
    FCGVA likes this.

Hi Red hot chili, thanks for sharing, that is a beauty. It reminds me of one of the watches my father used to wear. Very classy, elegant watch.
    FCGVA likes this.
    Best regards,

Ernie Romers

Hi vbomega, thanks for joining the FC and Alpina forum. I would love to see those pics.
    FCGVA likes this.
    Best regards,

Ernie Romers

While I'm not currently an owner of any of their watches, the creation of this forum has piqued my curiosity. I've started checking them out and I really like what I see.

FC & Alpina welcome to WUS.

RS
    FCGVA likes this.
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me

Great to see this here! I just bought a FC for myself from a forum member, and a very nice FC for my wife for her graduation. I had to do a lot of stumbling through the forums for info so it's nice to finally have a forum for the brand.
    FCGVA likes this.
    Oris BC4 Pointer Day (645.7617.4174MB)
    Oris BC3 Advanced
    Hamilton Khaki X-Wind (H77616533)
    Suunto Core Aluminum
    Christopher Ward C70 DBR1 COSC
    Seiko 5 Automatic Blue Dial (SNKK27)

CEO Frédérique Constant & Alpina PeterStas's Avatar

Thanks for post! Saw Slimline Automatic with interest, as this is a special version Steel Case with Sunray dial + gold indexes. That is not how we normally manufacture. Where did you buy? Must have been made locally.

Looking forward to learn and we will review if we should introduce this model variant in the future...

Hi Peter, the watch certainly got my interest and I am curious as to what you can find out about it and if this one will be produced in the near future.
    FCGVA likes this.
    Best regards,

Ernie Romers

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information