WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

what is the quality of the leather straps like?

6K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  MV-22 
#1 ·
I am looking at a potential purchase of a new Frederique Constant Carree and the pictures of the leather straps on the website (and where I have seen them on the web) they look a bit "average" in the pictures. It looks like the outer of the leather is almost "loose" on the band and looks of low quality (but it may just have been a poor image that has gone viral).

Any feedback on quality or comfort, please?

#8 ·
agree. Its not brilliant, but they last a good long time and look good. The real croc strap on my moonphase is quite nice. They aren't patek quality, but the price reduction has to come from somewhere.

#3 ·
I don't even think the outside is real embossed leather. Feels cheap and smells like plastic. I have the carree. What a shame that they skimped on the strap. I have 2 Hamiltons and their straps put the carree to shame. Can't speak of other models as the carree is the only Frederique I own.

#4 ·
I've had my index with black crocatif for a year now, it still looks stellar (from a bit of a distance) But It's been my near-daily wear, coming off my wrist and back on at least once a day, it shows some very light ripping/cracking.

Basically, I'd give the strap quality a 7 out of 10 for a leather strap, it can take some abuse, but could be better

#9 · (Edited)
Just got a Healey GMT last week. I absolutely love the watch itself, but I have to agree with Blacktocomm, the strap feels like it belongs on a vending machine watch. I still remain unconvinced that it's actually leather, and not plastic. I almost didn't wear the watch the first day I had it, simply because I didn't have a suitable 21mm replacement strap to put on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.