WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Interesting Air Controller

979 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  kauaijim 
#1 ·
The Air Controller looks interesting. One reason is its (apparently) more subdued appearance.

With regard to purchase, are there any words of wisdom for US buyers who are concerned about US Customs? My experience receiving items from abroad is that once something enters US Customs, all tracking, scheduling and other forms of predictability and understanding are shut off, and whatever happens just happens.

Everything sent to me has made it through Customs in a reasonable time, but they have been much different times for similar items - watches and pens for the most part.

I would be interested to hear a comment on this from the seller's perspective.

Thanks.

#2 ·
The Air Controller looks interesting. One reason is its (apparently) more subdued appearance.

With regard to purchase, are there any words of wisdom for US buyers who are concerned about US Customs? My experience receiving items from abroad is that once something enters US Customs, all tracking, scheduling and other forms of predictability and understanding are shut off, and whatever happens just happens.

Everything sent to me has made it through Customs in a reasonable time, but they have been much different times for similar items - watches and pens for the most part.

I would be interested to hear a comment on this from the seller's perspective.

Thanks.
Hi Godan,
You bring up a good point!
I will gladly share my experience on this topic.
The reasons you mention are exactly the reasons why I ship with FedEx. They have their own clearance system and I can only say that I have never had any trouble in shipping to my US customers.
By the way, I ship with FedEx all over the world and never had a problem doing so.
Very important however is that you strictly follow the shipping rules (that is something I need to do off course) and make sure that all documents are there and properly filled.
For instance, the US customs needs an additional special watch worksheet.

Trust this info helps.

#3 ·
Robbert: It is a pleasure to hear from an executive who conveys clear information and accepts responsibility. FedEx is my default shipper of choice within the US when a valuable item must arrive on schedule. I will be looking for the Air Controller with great interest. Godan

#4 ·
Mine got to Kauai in five days without problems. Robbert knows how to do the paperwork.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.