SalonQP 2012, my final report, lots of pictures
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Ernie Romers

Thread: SalonQP 2012, my final report, lots of pictures

-->

Video SalonQP 2012, my final report, lots of pictures

Taken that I was at SalonQP for one evening and one day, I must say there was enough to show you all and to write about. Amazing show, and highly recommended if you get a chance to visit London next year.

Here is my final report, and allow me to start with this nicely dressed gentleman, proudly showing his latest creation:

Mr. Peter Speake-Marin, wearing his Marin Spirit Mark 2.

I also stopped by the Chronoswiss booth, and took a closer picture of their latest (prototype) model, by Benzinger:

Mind you, this is a prototype, and the watch will have a smaller crown.

Here's a nice video I found on YouTube:

Here's a couple of pictures I took from some of the nicest watches I saw at SalonQP. I kinda took them, acting like a "watch tourist"

At Jaeger-Lecoultre. The Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Class at SalonQP was conducted by the Jaeger-LeCoultre's most experienced watchmaker in the UK and each guest could experience the exceptional opportunity to test their dexterity and understanding of the workings of a real watch, with the Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Chronograph movement Calibre 751/1. Participants delved into the know-how of watch making and learn to assemble and dissemble this famous movement:

Bremont Victory:

Next to Lord Nelson's pocket watch!

Above: it's the new Bremont Solo, on the wrist!

Bulgari Octo:

Bell and Ross:

Bart Gronefeld inspecting the finish of a watch from a different brand.

Ah, and here's another English watch brand! Robert Loomes, presenting their Robin watch for men and women:

The Robin is an entirely English made, manual wind wrist watch. It is a limited edition of one hundred signed and numbered watches. We are immensely proud to offer extraordinary English watches made by extraordinary British watchmakers. The Robin watch is only available for sale in Stamford.

Robert Loomes describes how he transformed his family business from clock and watch repair to wristwatch manufacture.

Next stop: Sarpaneva.
    All Sarpaneva watches are designed by Stepan Sarpaneva himself. His ambition is to create unique design, fusing timeless elegance with unorthodox boldness. Sarpaneva Watches manufactures mechanical timepieces of outstanding quality, created in the spirit of the traditional watchmaker's art:

You might get to see an extraordinary moon if you get to know Stepan more closely ... I already saw a picture of it, thanks to Bart Gronefeld ...

The Foundation De La Haute Horlogerie set up a great exhibition in which they showed (pocket) watches in a timeline. Every watch shown had this touch screen in which the visitor could see and read more details. Absolutely great, and well done.

Unfortunately there is always a time to go. Here's is a shot of the entrance (or exit, if you wish):

And one last shot from outside.

SalonQP, thanks for a GREAT show. I'll be back !
    Last edited by Ernie Romers; November 14th, 2012 at 16:35.
    geoffbot and Illyria like this.
    Best regards,

Ernie Romers
    Founder and former site owner, Watchuseek.com

Thread Information