Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ernie Romers

Thread: SalonQP, the continued story of my visit

Founder, site owner Ernie Romers's Avatar

Picture SalonQP, the continued story of my visit

Ok, we had a great dinner at Thomas Cubitt with some great drinks, so it is time to continue my photo report.

First off, James Gurney did a GREAT job organizing SalonQP, and that is not my opinion only, he gets a lot of credits from the exhibitors as well.

The entrance of the Saatchi Gallery where SalonQP is located for the third year in a row. Excellent choice.

Here's a quick view on the Harry Winston and Frederique Constant booths:

And I trust you know what brand this is, considering the thin cases?

No clue? It starts with a "P" and ends at "get".

The watchmaker at Vacheron Constantin made place for one of the visitors to sit and work on the engraving of one of the movements. This one will not appear in any of their watches

More engraving at the Vacheron Constantin booth:

Speake-Marin, do I need to say anything more?

Elizabeth Doerr talking to Max Buesser from MB&F (both on the left of the picture):

Next stop: Thomas Mercer:

Maybe you read our blog post about this incredible timepiece? If not, click here, it's worth it.

Sorry Alessandro, I didn't say hello, my bad

Vintage Thomas Mercer:

Meistersinger is known for their one hand watches. Did you know there is not one single retailer in the UK at the moment? Unbelievable, taken from the great interest they got at SalonQP. I trust they will have a couple of sales points any time soon now:

John van Steen, international export manager of Meistersinger, showing the collection to a customer:

Gun metal anyone? Then you should consider this model by Giuliano Mazzuoli. Loved it!

Not into gun metal? Then don't worry, this one might be a better choice for you:

Bart Gronefeld, one of the Gronefeld brothers, watchmaker, and enjoying life:

and loves making watches, Gronefeld watches, of course. They showcased their One Hertz in different versions:

On the left there is a new brand, at least it was for me: Julien Coudray. I will have more details later.

Ball was here, and so was Girard-Perregaux:

And then, all of a sudden, someone calls my name, I turn around and look into the beautiful face of Madina from Linde Werdelin. Guess what she was wearing?

Right, the brand new Oktopus II in rose gold !

And the picture of this stunning watch ends my third report about SalonQP for today. There is much more stuff left to show you guys, stay tuned for the next episode!

To be continued.......
    Last edited by Ernie Romers; November 9th, 2012 at 22:40.
    portauto likes this.
    Best regards,

Ernie Romers
    Site owner, Watchuseek.com

Please visit our Collection of Fine Watches & Accessories

Re: SalonQP, the continued story of my visit

That Gunmetal Giuliano Mazzuoli is going to haunt me.
    A man who is inconsistent in his speech cannot be trusted. ~ Huldrych Zwingli, 1523
    An easy way to store your watches: The $12 Watch Drawer. DIY instructions.

Thread Information