Thread: Anticlockwise noon-at-top 24 hr watch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anticlockwise noon-at-top 24 hr watch

Does anyone know of a 24 hr watch that runs anticlockwise with noon at the top? Sorry to be awkward!

Re: Anticlockwise noon-at-top 24 hr watch

Sorry for diging this old thread out.
    I just registered today and don't want my first post to be a new thread.
    Does really nobody has an answer to this question?
    I wouldn't mind where noon is (top or bottom) but just for the fun of it and the difficulities for reading I'd like a very special watch.

Thanks and greets
    Felix from Zurich, Switzerland

aai

this is the watch you're seeking!!

http://home.kpnplanet.nl/~astikkers@...t.nl/globe.htm

The hours are read counterclockwise one revolution per 24 hours,
    the minutes clockwise; there is no second hand. Experience the leisurely flow of planetary time.
    andré

But not 24-hour, is it ? (nt)

nt

This one ?

Quote Originally Posted by bestak View Post
    This one ?

Nope, that one goes the standard direction, and the other one is a 12-hour. Still looking!

My French was poor when I learned it over 20 years ago, and hasn't gotten any better, but I THINK that the Utinam site says that they will produce custom pieces. Maybe someone with better language skills might want to see what it would cost us to make a small custom run?
    Last edited by Zennmaster; May 3rd, 2007 at 22:45.
    Michael Zenner
    Portland, OR USA (GMT -7, sometimes -8)

Time, Time Time, See what's become of me! -P. Simon

Nice to see at least one other person on the planet curious about such a thing

The Earth watch is way out of my price range, and looks a bit silly to be honest. I can't imagine it staying on my wrist for long in any kind of social setting (maybe it's just me). The Utinam watches are more affordable, but they're either backwards 12h or forwards 24h... and what's the betting that if they ever did do a backwards 24h it'd have 24 at top

I've pretty much given up anyway. Heck, it's not that important! It's basically: if there was one somewhere on the market already then great, but if it's going to mean a lot of hassle and expense, then thanks, but no thanks...!

Quote Originally Posted by JonMarchant View Post
    Nice to see at least one other person on the planet curious about such a thing

The Earth watch is way out of my price range, and looks a bit silly to be honest. I can't imagine it staying on my wrist for long in any kind of social setting (maybe it's just me). The Utinam watches are more affordable, but they're either backwards 12h or forwards 24h... and what's the betting that if they ever did do a backwards 24h it'd have 24 at top

I've pretty much given up anyway. Heck, it's not that important! It's basically: if there was one somewhere on the market already then great, but if it's going to mean a lot of hassle and expense, then thanks, but no thanks...!
    Hang on a minute, if you're going to be a 24-hour watch person, you can't give up so quickly!

I was actually serious about the Utinam question. They really do make custom watches in relatively small batches (If I am right, which actually isn't all that common). Based on the watches I have seen from them, and who their clients have been, I don't think it would really be all that out of reach for a group to make a custom order.

And you're right about the Think the Earth, the thing is even bigger in person. It's purely a novelty watch, I can't imagine wearing it daily! A really cool idea, though, and as a novelty, very successful!

Hang in there!

-Michael
    Michael Zenner
    Portland, OR USA (GMT -7, sometimes -8)

Time, Time Time, See what's become of me! -P. Simon

I'd sign up for a counter-clock 24 hour watch! Count me in on a batch order.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information