Controversy over the new Saxonia Thin 37mm - Page 3
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Controversy over the new Saxonia Thin 37mm

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Controversy over the new Saxonia Thin 37mm

Hi,
    comparing Lange to Rolex is comparing apples with pies. Rolex makes great watches and I like the brand very much but Lange is in one league with PP and AP and definitely above Rolex.

Concerning your doubts of buying the 37mm version, I fully recommend, as mentioned above, to try out the 35mm.

Dealing with the quality of Lange (the guy who complained about that in your above quoted article): this is ridiculous!!! There is no brand in the watch industry that provides such a high quality standard as does Lange.

Keep my fingers crossed that you will find your perfect match!

Cheers
    Wolfgang

Except for the complicated Langes, the brand is about understatement. And as such, understated watches grow on you as you wear them and appreciate the find details. If you are looking at a show stopper to wear, there are plenty of those from high manufacturers like Dubuis, IWC, even JLC (Navy Seals) and a few others. Find the watch that makes your heart dance and temper anything you read on the internet!

Doxa 750T MilShark (Just lucky to have this one)
    Hidden Content

and a few other "tickers"

(So what if I have a problem)

There is no doubt about the quality of Lange. I have been more introspective the last couple of days and i realise that too much of me is a sports-watch fella.
    Hence the difficulty overcoming the inertia of deciding on the actual purchase, even if for the Mrs.

Strangely, i have no second thoughts about buying a Rolex DD for her even if it's going to cost more. It has probably to do with it being more of a fuss-free sure thing.
    I'm waiting for a quote on the Rolex DD as we speak.
    Seiko Citizen

Had the pleasure of trying on the 37mm Saxonia today in Dubai. Unfortunately they didn't have the white gold, so I tried on the yellow gold. Just an amazing watch. I never buy watches new, so please someone buy this watch (in white gold) and get bored with it, then sell it to me... Or I may just have to break my rule about only buying pre-owned. Because this is a truly amazing watch, the perfect dress watch for me.
    Breguet XX, Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Duo Night and Day, Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Control (37mm), IWC Ingenieur (3227), IWC Caliber 89 (year 1966)

@tomatoes
    have you considered the saxonia 35mm with a mother of pearl dial? That seems to be THE lange for women!

Quote Originally Posted by TJMike View Post
    There is no controversy; two people do not like the watch. No watch is loved by all.

I actually was tempted to buy it on Monday. It is a stunning watch, but it was actually too big due to the design on my small wrist. The minimalist design is not for everyone and it may well be that the watch is not for you.

While I did not buy the Saxonia Thin, I bought the Saxonia 35mm in white gold. I suggest you check out the latter if the dial of the Thin does not appeal for you (it is the same price).
    This. :)
    time flies...

Better to get the 1815 imo. One can be had for $9-11k on preowned market.

I was also disappointed with the Saxonia 37mm Thin when I saw it in person in the boutique. Doesn't have much character. At least the 1815 has the sub-dial, rail-road track, blued hands etc..
    Rolex-GMT-Batman
    Patek 5065a

Quote Originally Posted by adnjoo View Post
    Better to get the 1815 imo. One can be had for $9-11k on preowned market.

I was also disappointed with the Saxonia 37mm Thin when I saw it in person in the boutique. Doesn't have much character. At least the 1815 has the sub-dial, rail-road track, blued hands etc..
    Can't agree more. I went do my AD over the weekend thinking I would pick up the Saxonia Thin 37 mm. They had the white gold model. IMHO it didn't do much for me at all. Flipping it around and looking at the movement was nice but on the wrist, I quickly became bored with it. The lack of a seconds hand is something that also bothered me. Then I looked at the 1815 Up Down in RG and quickly fell in love. The subdials, power reserve with a splash of red, blued hands, railroad track, pocket watch-esque case design all made the watch much more interesting. Granted, the retail price was pretty much double compared to the Sax Thin 37. Nonetheless, I loved it enough that I actually bought it on the spot after a bit of negotiating. It just arrived today so I'll post pics soon.

I've been debating on a high end watch for a while and after looking at the usual suspects (PP, AP, VC, Breguet, FPJ), Lange was the brand that spoke to me most and to me, felt highest in quality. I thought I would get the Sax Thin in 37 given the value. I still think it's a great watch but probably not one I would wear often, maybe just in very formal settings. As mentioned before, it feels a little too simple and while its insides may justify the price, I'm not sure it feels that way when you're wearing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Collection:
    Rolex Submariner Ceramic No Date 114060
    Rolex Datejust 16013

Quote Originally Posted by csong825 View Post
    Can't agree more. I went do my AD over the weekend thinking I would pick up the Saxonia Thin 37 mm. They had the white gold model. IMHO it didn't do much for me at all. Flipping it around and looking at the movement was nice but on the wrist, I quickly became bored with it. The lack of a seconds hand is something that also bothered me. Then I looked at the 1815 Up Down in RG and quickly fell in love. The subdials, power reserve with a splash of red, blued hands, railroad track, pocket watch-esque case design all made the watch much more interesting. Granted, the retail price was pretty much double compared to the Sax Thin 37. Nonetheless, I loved it enough that I actually bought it on the spot after a bit of negotiating. It just arrived today so I'll post pics soon.

I've been debating on a high end watch for a while and after looking at the usual suspects (PP, AP, VC, Breguet, FPJ), Lange was the brand that spoke to me most and to me, felt highest in quality. I thought I would get the Sax Thin in 37 given the value. I still think it's a great watch but probably not one I would wear often, maybe just in very formal settings. As mentioned before, it feels a little too simple and while its insides may justify the price, I'm not sure it feels that way when you're wearing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    These are interesting and well-articulated thoughts - thanks for taking the time to comment like this.

I've been debating between the two watches you mention here - Sax 37 and 1815 Up/Down (both in white gold, I think) for a while now. With the Sax 37 I could have change in my pocket for a Rolex BLNR, which is significant. I notice that you don't have the 1815 in your signature any longer - is that an oversight, or did you fall out of love? Interested to hear your thoughts! Thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information