WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Saxonia Annual Calendar - rocky start and happy ending

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  TJMike 
#1 ·
Last year my wife and I had the privilege of a private tour of A Lange & Soehne in Glashuette which is just outside the beautiful city of Dresden. It was a fantastic experience and it provided renewed enthusiasm for this brand. My birthday was coming up, so I looked at their entire collection and when we got back to the USA I decided to buy a Saxonia Annual Calendar - and what a beauty she is!

I really enjoyed wearing the watch, however, I noticed that after being on the winder for 3 days it would just stop running. So, I adjusted the speed and the direction of rotation, but no luck. Interestingly enough, if I wore the watch on the wrist, this issue did no happen.

So, in early January, my local Lange boutique decided to send it to NY,who determined that there was an issue with the rotor and it had to go back to Germany. Well,it has taken 4 months but she is finally back an working beautifully and I am optimistic that the rest of my ownership will be uneventful but enjoyable - and yes, she is a beauty.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
It's not uncommon for people to have that reaction about the blank 1st date digit (and, in the case of the Zeitwerk, the fact that the 2 minutes digits are on different planes -- one above the other). And there are lots of 1815 models in which people don't like the decapitated "6" at the bottom of the dial.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.