WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

OLD THREAD - Vote Thread 1: The Overall Concept

5K views 58 replies 29 participants last post by  Uwe W. 
#1 · (Edited)
Design Vote 1: The Overall Concept

THIS VOTE IS NOW CLOSED!

Please use the design thread to discuss the results of the first vote.

Circle Automotive wheel system Diagram Wheel

111 of 116 eligible participants in Project THOR voted. Thank You! The following participants did NOT vote: DudeStar; cbgrey; lycjoe; Armmaham; and thong07. Voting IS mandatory, and since the project has a three strikes and you're out policy, each of these participants has been assessed a strike. If you are on the participant's list and have no intention of remaining involved in the project, please let us know so that we can assign your spot to the next person on the waiting list.

The original post for this thread was as follows:

It's time for our first vote!

Hopefully by now you will have had enough time to consider the options that were discussed in the first design thread, and that you have already decided on which of the two overall design concepts for the Project THOR watch you like best. For this vote there will only be two choices: Should the design of the project watch be a HOMAGE or an ORIGINAL design?

This vote will run for a full week to allow everyone an opportunity to participate. At the end of the week the results will be tabulated and posted in this thread and in the project summary post of the FAQ thread.

The Usual Preamble Concerning Voting (please read - at least once):Over the next 24 hours a vote form will be sent to the email address you used to register for the project. Please look for this email, fill out the form completely - and accurately - and then submit it. You will need to use the Unique Identifier (UI) number you were provided with by WUS PM when you registered for the project to use the form. Please contact CzechMate if you do not receive your vote form - and you've checked your spam/junk folders - by Dec. 19 at 19:00 GMT.

REMEMBER: Voting in this project is mandatory! You must submit a vote to remain a registered participant. Failing to participate in three votes throughout the duration of this project will result in a person's removal from the registration list. This is a project for active participants, not those speculating on a limited edition watch for its potential resale value.

A design element that receives the majority of the votes (>51%) will be considered the winner.

All voting for Project THOR will use the STV system, which allows a person to rank all options in order of their preference. In other words, if your first choice doesn't get enough votes to win, your vote will automatically roll over to your second choice, and if necessary (and applicable), your third choice and so on. This is an excellent system, one that we used to great success for our last Steinhart project watch. We suggest that you search Wikipedia for "single transferable vote" if you would like more detailed information on how the STV works.

Once the vote has concluded, and the results have been posted, those who are unsatisfied by its outcome have two options: They can either notify us that they wish to leave the project, or they can accept the result and continue on. There will no option to debate a vote result or to repeat it. If you decide to leave the project we would appreciate that you immediately notify us so that your position on the registration list can be given to the next person on the waiting list.

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: Vote Thread 1: The Overall Concept

I'm waiting patiently for my ballot. I'm really glad we are now in the blast off stage. Thank you to the guys (CzechMate & Uwe, and i hope I didn't miss anyone but I'm sure i did) who have made this endeavor possible.
This is just the beginning, let me assure you, it will be much, MUCH more fun, than this... :)

#7 ·

Guys, important:

I received an error when sending out a batch of voting forms (batch of 20 - luckily, I did it in batches). So, as per Google instructions, I tried again, and again, and again, and again... That means, some of you will receive the form more than once... o|

Please, do not fill out the form more than once... I will delete all repeated records, but it will be more work for me...

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation! :)

#15 ·

Done. Now we're moving. Top job with the voting process by-the-way.

Reactions: CzechMate
#24 ·

Very excited to get to the first voting stage. Got my form and will get to voting after work, boo to work blocking google docs!

#28 ·

Just voted! Where can the distribution of votes be seen (is that open for us to see)?

#38 ·

Just voted! Where can the distribution of votes be seen (is that open for us to see)?
Hi Trondheim, the results will be published when all the votes are cast. I don't want to influence anyone in any direction by publishing interim vote results... Suffice to say that after more than 100 ballots are in, the message is quite clear... :)

#29 ·

Just voted :)

The results will be given when everybody had voted I think, check the OP.

#30 ·

Ah, just saw that the people above here were stating the percent status, but I guess they were just going one up/down from the previous poster.

#34 ·

My vote is in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.