Crown Tube Loose? Trouble unscrewing crown, but not screwing crown down.

Thread: Crown Tube Loose? Trouble unscrewing crown, but not screwing crown down.

Crown Tube Loose? Trouble unscrewing crown, but not screwing crown down.

I have a Precista with a screw down crown that's acting pretty strange.

When I try and unscrew the crown, it almost acts like the tube is loose and the crown doesn't fully come off of it. For example, I try and unscrew it all the way and it gets to a point where there is tension. It actually moves the crown far enough out where I can set the date, but the crown is still partially threading (moving it back and forth will advance the date.)

After a little bit of work the crown seems to come loose completely and I can use it like normal. Screwing the crown back in works perfectly fine, no issues what so ever.

Is it possible the crown tube is loose? And if so, how would that be fixed? Or is this the typical behavior of a cross threaded crown?
    I have a problem.

Seiko MM300 | IWC Aquatimer | JLC Navy Seals Alarm | JLC Deep Sea Chrono | Cartier Calibre Diver | JeanRichard Terrascope(s)

Re: Crown Tube Loose? Trouble unscrewing crown, but not screwing crown down.

yes it is remov3ed from the case it needs to be glued and pressed in back, if its too loose maybe you will need a new tube or even a new case.

br
    emso

Thread Information